The best metal album of all time!

Promised_Land_QR.jpg

Why this one of all Queensryche albums?

I listened to Skyforger the other day and it is just really fucking amazing. I think it might be better than Eclipse.

Haven't heard Eclipse, but yeah Skyforger is really awesome, the melodies are so infectious and catchy, the vocals are superb, I really don't have any complaints with it.

This is still questionable? I listen to Skyforger a lot. I can't say it's "one of the best of all time", but it has excellent replayability. The wife even likes it.

Skyforger is fucking incredible, but Eclipse still wins out, in my opinion. Nothing beats "Brother Moon" and "The Smoke."

Just out of curiosity, do you guys dig Silent Waters? It's very similar to both of the others, it has a ton of fucking good songs, most notably "I of Crimson Blood."

Filosofem is better.

Filosofem's great, but... hands-down, unequivocal, no.

Haha trailer park boys! they're so awsome!
Look, I can't speak without swearing, and I've only got my grade ten, and I haven't had a cigarette since I've been arrested, and I'm ready to fuckin' snap. So I'd like to make a request under the people's freedom of choices and voices act that I be able to smoke and swear in your courtroom. Because if I can't smoke and swear, I'm fucked! And so are all these guys. I won't be able to properly express myself at a court level, and that's bullshit! It's not fair and if you ask me, I think it's a fuckin' mistrial.

To all those who are'nt yet familiar with Misery's Omen,I suggest that you fix that quick smart.This is'nt just another band from Aussie and I would'nt put this down as my favourite metal album for no reason.They are a truly shapeshifting,mindfuck of a band and pretty much far exceed anything i've ever heard.

Honestly I don't get this, I listened to that album not two days ago and thought it was incredibly meh.

I dunno if that was sarcasm or you were proving my point but that was not good. i hate that cheesy "four to the bar" style of playing....i know that doesn't really pertain to metal it's really a jazz comp term but that's what i think of when i listen to boring black metal of that nature.

lol at Reign in Blood being the "best thrash ever". Come on now. Have you listened to 3 thrash albums? besides Hell Awaits destroys that.

Why this one of all Queensryche albums?

I really love the ultra-shiny production and dark atmosphere. Their first five full-lengths are all favorites of mine, but I've always been most partial towards the Neue Regal and Anybody Listening? side of Queensryche, and Promised Land is made almost entirely out of that.

besides Hell Awaits destroys that.

Nah, the filler songs on Reign in Blood are short enough that they still work. Hell Awaits drags when weak.

SNM is a great album... even better than the first Metallica I'd say... but honestly I've NEVER seen how anyone can say its better than the 4 that followed it. Let's be honest, there are a couple of VERY cheesy tracks on that album.
I can understand it being a PERSONAL favorite but its not better than Hell Awaits or Reign in Blood.