The best metal album of all time!

Yeah, Reign in Blood isn't even the best. Great album but nowhere near the best Slayer, let alone the best thrash ever.

QUEENSRYCHE%20-%20OPERATION%20%20MINDCRIME%20remaster.jpg

On topic: There is no best metal album of all time.

I agree. Making a serious list with the ten best albums would be damn hard, let alone picking a single album.

Edit: The album I posted - Ride The Lightning would definitely make my top 10 list but I could think of many other awesome albums which deserve to be mentioned.

I agree. Making a serious list with the ten best albums would be damn hard, let alone picking a single album.

Edit: The album I posted - Ride The Lightning would definitely make my top 10 list but I could think of many other awesome albums which deserve to be mentioned.

ride the lightning is the only reason i even consider myself a metallica fan.

Yeah, Reign in Blood isn't even the best. Great album but nowhere near the best Slayer, let alone the best thrash ever.

Dude, Hell Awaits is amazing, but if it was widely considered to be the best slayer album, then all the metal fans would start saying that Reign in Blood was the best.

Metal heads in my opinion have an obsession with having obscure tastes and opinions, even if its just about 2 widely known metal albums.

Dude, Hell Awaits is amazing, but if it was widely considered to be the best slayer album, then all the metal fans would start saying that Reign in Blood was the best.

Metal heads in my opinion have an obsession with having obscure tastes and opinions, even if its just about 2 widely known metal albums.
It has nothing to do with that. The reason why Hell Awaits is better is that it uses odd timing and it's complex, yet it's still raw and evil.

While Reign in Blood is just an album to completely thrash out to.

It has nothing to do with that. The reason why Hell Awaits is better is that it uses odd timing and it's complex, yet it's still raw and evil.

While Reign in Blood is just an album to completely thrash out to.

Hmm not that i think of it, i may be a bit biased towards a thrash style album, yes i agree Hell Awaits it all about atmosphere and interesting riffs, after thinking about it i cant chose between them anymore.

Just something to think about on this....

Can a metal album from the last ten years or so be a genuine contender for such a weighty accolade? Does the winner need to be an innovator or prime mover in a genre, or can it be someone who has harnessed what has gone before and merely brought it to what the listener considers to be perfection?

Is there too much love for older albums just because they are older, have many many admirers, and we fall into an "everything was better in the old days" rose-tinted glasses haze?

Just something to think about on this....

Can a metal album from the last ten years or so be a genuine contender for such a weighty accolade? Does the winner need to be an innovator or prime mover in a genre, or can it be someone who has harnessed what has gone before and merely brought it to what the listener considers to be perfection?

Is there too much love for older albums just because they are older, have many many admirers, and we fall into an "everything was better in the old days" rose-tinted glasses haze?

IMO if your old enough to be able to experience nostalgia then the album can be based on that, its just your opinion, some people have posted completely obscure albums ive never heard of.

IMO if your old enough to be able to experience nostalgia then the album can be based on that, its just your opinion, some people have posted completely obscure albums ive never heard of.

i think connection of the music to a certain time in your life is one of the key factors in considering something the best. even if you didn't grow up at the time puppets was released it's still going to be one of the first great metal records you get involved with in your teens you know?

i think connection of the music to a certain time in your life is one of the key factors in considering something the best. even if you didn't grow up at the time puppets was released it's still going to be one of the first great metal records you get involved with in your teens you know?

You're definitely right, in most cases. It explains why so many younger people think shit like Load and Reload are as good as MoP and RtL. :zombie: