The Coffee and Tea thread

In the summer, my wife and I brew a full pot of coffee, put it in a pitcher, and stick it in the fridge. Beats paying $3 for an iced coffee.

We just use Dunkin grounds; I think they're pretty good.

If you do that I think you need to brew it twice as strong to account for the dilution with ice. Definitely a good call though.

They sell cold brew concentrate, but it's fucking expensive. It tastes pretty damn good though. Just had my afternoon cup of coffee with milk and sugar. Delicious

My tastes are basic as fuck when it comes coffee and tea. I tend to only like iced coffees and never drink hot tea. Lately I've been enjoying sweet tea from Mcdonald's but I don't even think that counts as tea tbh.

god that sounds like it'd be abysmally oversweet

When I was in North Dakota last month, I stopped at this Bismarck tea shop called Steep Me A Cup Of Tea and got a tin of loose tea for myself at home and I'm so glad I did.

Blue Clouds Over Dakota is what it was called

Sencha Green Tea with Blueberry, Vanilla Flavoring and Blue Lavender Flowers

I've not had it hot, but it is perfect when cold

also got this for my mom

Heaven's Secret

Zhen Mei Green Tea with Chamomile, Licorice Root, and Spearmint

A trick for making iced coffee at home is to put some ice cubes into the coffee pot, less water than usual in the carafe, and more grounds than usual (not necessary to double up in my mind) in the basket. The cubes in the pot will melt when mixed with the strong brew, and then when you're done, the coffee will be a lot cooler and won't melt nearly as much of the ice in the glass you pour into.

I'm not at home now and I only have shitty tea here and I suffer tbh. I need my Markspencer luxury black tea. It's strong as fucking coffee and it tastes like all kinds of sweaty people. Unfortunately I finished my japanese green tea my pa brought me from Japan, it smelled like an old asian female after not bathing for a month. I loved to analyse that smell. It had that swampy feel... I miss it.

This is what I have at home now, in Prague. I'm loving it.

ms_gold_loosetea.jpg

I've had Ethiopian coffee, Vietnamese is also good. I like medium-bold roast with a touch of half and half.

As for tea I like most except black. The ones I drink most often are: Green, Peppermint, Chamomile for the different effects.

Hibiscus tea - Karkade
Has a tart, cranberry-like flavor, and sugar is often added to sweeten the beverage. The tea contains vitamin C and minerals and is used traditionally as a mild medicine. In west Sudan a white hibiscus flower is favored for its bitter taste and is customarily served to guests. Hibiscus tea contains 15-30% organic acids, including citric acid, malic acid, and tartaric acid. It also contains acidic polysaccharides and flavonoid glycosides, such as cyanidin and delphinidin

Turkish coffee is fucking great. As for tea, I'm a fan of the Tsar Nicholas II brand, but I'm not sure where you can get it outside of specialty shops.

I had a Turkish coffee at a restaurant a few years ago and holy fuck that stuff is black.

My new regiment: 1-2 cups of English Breakfast in the morning, one cup of coffee in the afternoon, beer with dinner, peppermint tea before bed

I had a Turkish coffee at a restaurant a few years ago and holy fuck that stuff is black.

My new regiment: 1-2 cups of English Breakfast in the morning, one cup of coffee in the afternoon, beer with dinner, peppermint tea before bed

I like your style!
I have to do coffee in the afternoon too cause it does jack shit for me if I drink it right after I wake up.