The Coffee and Tea thread

I like your style!
I have to do coffee in the afternoon too cause it does jack shit for me if I drink it right after I wake up.

I am a morning coffee person. Have been for years. I used to have Gevalia coffee sent to me every couple of weeks. They're blueberry and pumpkin spice are some of the best coffe I've had. But I'm poor now so I typically stick to Folgers :-(

Black, medium-bold coffee, no anything in it. I fucking love the stuff.

Where do I find Turkish coffee? Is there a major difference from the usual higher quality stuff I know of/like?

I am a morning coffee person. Have been for years. I used to have Gevalia coffee sent to me every couple of weeks. They're blueberry and pumpkin spice are some of the best coffe I've had. But I'm poor now so I typically stick to Folgers :-(

Black, medium-bold coffee, no anything in it. I fucking love the stuff.

Where do I find Turkish coffee? Is there a major difference from the usual higher quality stuff I know of/like?

Ohhhh man, my roommate has Gevalia, it's so damn good! :) I'll have to try their pumpkin spice as I have not had it yet.
And honestly, I usually have Turkish coffee with my Turkish friends (otherwise I'm a coffee 'n creamer person), but a lot of them use Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi. You can order it online and such.

Filter coffee (American coffee) is, like most American food and beverage products, horrible. Espresso coffee is the best and the best way to make a mug of coffee is with a steel french press. Drink it black. Become an addict.

Luckily, most American supermarkets carry Lavazza and Illy now. At least they did last time I was in the US. They're more expensive but worth it.

Espresso isn't "the best," it's just highly concentrated. It depends on what you want in coffee.

In the morning, I like to sip a duller cup for several minutes rather than a tiny cup of concentrated flavor.

Went with an Americano today. I think it's like 4 shots of espresso in water. Methinks it may be more of a pick-me-up than regular coffee, even though Starbucks coffees do have an insane amount of caffeine in them.

20200111_115231.jpg Been sipping on these two new brews lately. So far I prefer the Shanty Boy, it's very vibrant and fruity, despite being a cocoa based flavor. Coffee people get that description I think. Perfect for late morning. But I've only had the other twice and I think I scalded the beans a bit as can happen with darker roasts, I was in a rush, so more testing needed.

Company's Descriptions:
Blackbeard's Delight: "Blackbeard's Delight is pirate as f---! This dark-extra dark roast is made of 100% Brazilian coffee beans and wakes you up with slight notes of chocolate without the acidic aftertaste."

Shanty Boy: "From the Michigan Pinelands comes our hearty house blend. A durable and drinkable medium roast for those long hours and hard days. Featuring flavors from Africa, Central and South America. Notes of chocolate in this dependable blend provide a stimulating experience with satisfying body."

Last edited: