The food thread.

English muffins with cream cheese, jelly, then peanut butter with a glass of milk are godly. How ever, it needs to be in that order when you put the stuff on, because the jelly is like a bridge.

Bagels are my DANGER ZONE food. Back in the day when I was working summer internships for the State, all my coworkers were obese and they had delicious bagels at the cafeteria, so I had a bagel for breakfast every day. Coupled with sushi for lunch, whatever the hell for dinner and not much exercise, I gained like 5 lbs each summer and spent the subsequent fall semester working it off just to gain it back the next summer.

I hate bagels.

today is BUTADON DAY at the cafeteria. I can't wait.

butadon.JPG

looks just like this, but with spring onions sprinkled on top and I always add lots of hot pepper flakes. MMMM

Last night I made myself a really nice meal.A small piece of rolled and seasoned roast spring lamb wth a nice salad and tonight it's a stuffed baked potato with creamy chicken filling.:D

Dinner tonight: Cilantro lime marinated Tilapia stuffed with crab meat.

Recipe plz.

As for guacamole, here's my perfect recipe:

4 avocados
1 Roma tomato
1 red onion
1 large or 2 small jalapeños
juice of 1 lime
cilantro (about 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped)
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
chop all ingredients, put in blender or food processor until it reaches desired consistency and texture

Note that with enough avocado, there is no need to add any dairy products for creaminess. Maybe a little dollop of mayo if need be, but I prefer to keep it vegan.

what do you add? I add jalapenos, onions, lime juice, sour cream, salt, and tomatoes.

Just salt I suppose. I like guacamole generally smooth and creamy, without solid stuff in it. Though I don't mind onions or tomatoes. I can't stand jalapenos and sour cream :yuk:

you mean you don't like jalapenos and sour cream in guacamole or just as is?

are you a girl? not related to the topic, just curious about your name.

Oh, I don't like jalapenos and sour cream at all. Just something about them that makes me gag. And yes.

sound like good gucamole, but is the blender necessary or can I just use a knife?

cilantro! That is what I was forgetting! And I passed it at the grocery store today.

Sometimes (usually when I'm at the import grocery store) I think I'd like to get more into making interesting meals and cooking things that don't involve pasta or stir-frying. It just seems so pointless when you live by yourself and it will all be gone in 15 minutes anyway.

Why do you (addressing everyone) bother?

so what does everyone here add when they make guacamole? I need ideas.

You see, this is what I don't understand. All guacamole needs is an avocado, some mayonnaise, garlic, olive oil, and squirt of lime juice, and a few drops of hot sauce, and it's one of the greatest things ever.

Alright, I know I included just as much stuff probably, but man is that shit awesome

Sometimes (usually when I'm at the import grocery store) I think I'd like to get more into making interesting meals and cooking things that don't involve pasta or stir-frying. It just seems so pointless when you live by yourself and it will all be gone in 15 minutes anyway.

Why do you (addressing everyone) bother?

I cook for myself because I enjoy it and it's quite satisfying preparing a meal for yourself,especially when it turns out to be delish.The only downside is washing up afterwards.I used to think along the same lines but have found that it's just better...I dunno.