The food thread.

I'll see your ice cream and raise you this:

ben-and-jerrys-creme-brulee.jpg

Only ever got two of them before I believe they were discontinued. Ate it with one hand and touched myself with the other.

Ooo... i've never tried that... it's still listed on the wedsite though! Maybe there is hope. I also love:
phish_food.gif

Had some trad japanese vegetable curry with rice and crispy chicken for lunch, it was really, really good. Also a couple tofu pieces. It was at this new restaurant just across my place, called Sukiya.

Yesterday for breakfast I made myself a breakfast burrito. It wasn't bad, it was my first one, and I'm planning on trying other stuff with it like adding various veggies.

As for this morning, I think I'm gonna make some french toast for breakfast.

Had some trad japanese vegetable curry with rice and crispy chicken for lunch, it was really, really good. Also a couple tofu pieces. It was at this new restaurant just across my place, called Sukiya.

LOL Sukiya is cheap crap chain food in Japan. Great for hangovers and drunk eating though. I like their curry gyudon.

Nice to see Japan and Brazil are continuing their umm international relations!

One time I was given free reign of a bagel store I worked in. I was in charge of everything. Everyone was gone for the day. I made a hero out of bagel dough. Whole wheat dough, everything bagel toppings. I made the bread into garlic bread, with REAL garlic and REAL onions that I sauteed up in fresh butter. The day before, my boss was having a family party so he ordered REAL Italian gourmet meats from Italy, to do it right. He made all the platters ahead of time, but still had leftover meats that he said we could use for our own delight. Real prosciutto, real salami, real provolone cheese that was unprocessed and unpasteurized. Capicola ham, spiced ham. I made a spiced mayonnaise myself, in the store. Roma tomatoes. Romaine lettuce that I delved through to find the perfect pieces. Red onion. I stacked the meat so that it would be fluffy, folding each piece and making sure that it was in line with the bread-horizon. I used a perfectly sharpened bread knife to cut it on a slight diagonal across the hero-bagel-bread. I roasted some red peppers that we had over our grill, and used the true, raw olive oil that he had used for the party for antipasto trays. I used a few olives to make a small tapenade that went into the center of the bread, injected via turkey baster. After I cut it, I wrapped it up and put it into our walk-in refrigerator to marinate for about half an hour. I made a sandwich whose street value was easily over 150 dollars. I made two of these sandwiches. I gave one to my friend Kenny for his birthday. The other one I ate over the course of a day. I ate nothing else that day. I wept. Guys, I don't want this to sound like some bullshit story, but I fucking cried. I fucking cried over this sandwich, and I think about it every few weeks. This was almost four or five years ago.

Yesterday I had a chocolate flavored churro at SPACE WORLD. It was so awesome. I wish I could have one EVERY DAY but they are quite uncommon.

made some fried talapia fish yesterday. Added some lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper for seasoing. Then used crackers for the breading, and while I was sitting there with my family eating I realized something - why don't I add brown sugar? Take out the salt and the black pepper, add lemon pepper in miniscule amounts, and the brown sugar would compliment the lime juice added afterwards.

Lunch just eaten - Two slices of home-baked multigrain sourdough topped with chilli pesto, smoked ham, tomato, Mersey Valley tasty cheese, a dash of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of pepper. Nice.