The Get-to-know-the-board-members thread

Originally posted by Fury
sorry, some french:

Ben en fait j'viens de Boucherville, sur la rive sud de Montréal. C'est à coté. Et toi, d'où tu viens dans Québec?

Oh god please don't remind me of french.. all those years of being forced to learn it in school! Ah! :eek:

Originally posted by Gums
Oh god please don't remind me of french.. all those years of being forced to learn it in school! Ah! :eek:
I just stopped studying French :eek: I had enough of it for a while..and the teacher...

"Je ne sais pas, je ne compre pas, l'addition s'il vous plait, merde" was all I learned :bah:

Unh. . I'll jump in here then.

I'm David. . a part-time Varg Vikernes Impersonator and I just like Heavy Metal Music in general, stuff from Doom to Death and Black as well as Power metal and other stuff too.

I am the webmaster for a Heavy Metal orientated reviews website: SonicDeath Reviews

It would be cool if you could check the website out! We have reviews of melodic death bands such as Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Darkane, Dark Tranquillty, In Flames. . and others.

My primary function at this time is a student on a computing course at a crap university in Hull. And that's about it. I also like sleeping. . . and get as much as possible.

Originally posted by ~Zeanra~

I just stopped studying French :eek: I had enough of it for a while..and the teacher...

is it just me, or do all french teachers really make the language suck?.... not that i liked it in the first place :mad:

Originally posted by The Dreamreader

... a part-time Varg Vikernes Impersonator ...
/B]

what?... do you burn down churches and kill people with large knives too? ... its not necessarilly a bad thing, im just wonderin... :p

I'm still perfecting those traits! But give it a bit of time!

For now it's just having a stupid haircut! (See my profile on SonicDeath)

Originally posted by charlie
charlie, 21, hating life.
My sympathies for the loss of your girlfriend. I hope you find some beauty within your life and everything gets better. Don't give up fighting and striving for something worthwhile.

Originally posted by Kovenant84

is it just me, or do all french teachers really make the language suck?.... not that i liked it in the first place :mad:
No, I had a great French teacher in junior high. She bought up my mark from 73% to the high 80% range. I used to be good at French, but I haven't used it for 3 years, so I am now horrible at it. I also know Cantonese (speaking, not writing), but I'm not that great at it either.

Unh. . I'll jump in here then.

I'm David. . a part-time Varg Vikernes Impersonator and I just like Heavy Metal Music in general, stuff from Doom to Death and Black as well as Power metal and other stuff too.

I am the webmaster for a Heavy Metal orientated reviews website: SonicDeath Reviews

It would be cool if you could check the website out! We have reviews of melodic death bands such as Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Darkane, Dark Tranquillty, In Flames. . and others.

My primary function at this time is a student on a computing course at a crap university in Hull. And that's about it. I also like sleeping. . . and get as much as possible.
Hmm... you sound familiar. Were you Jester v3 on the In Flames forum a long time ago? :)

Uhhh.... I hope you do not act like Varg Vikernes even if you do impersonate him. Varg would probably try to kill me; please don't try to kill me. I'm against being killed. :cry:

im 15, male and my ear tastes metal like maiden, jpriest, metallica since i was hmmmm... 10-11.. At the moment i like black metal (burzum, mayhem, darK Throne, cof -its not black metal, anyway-), death metal and melodic death metal, especially dark tranquillity, opeth, death, blah blah blah....

i dont now why im very sad the last 3-4 months and always pessimistic...

Originally posted by despair

i dont now why im very sad the last 3-4 months and always pessimistic...

It may be the weather (depending on where you live). The short, cold, dreary days may leave a lot to be desired....

Listen to more music or read to take your mind off your gloom. :)

Hmm... you sound familiar. Were you Jester v3 on the In Flames forum a long time ago? :)

WOW. . someone remembers me???? I forgot I even used that handle, but yeah, I did! It's been ages since I posted on the IF forum, it kinda started going downhill. I can't even remember what we used to talk about.

Were you using a different handle back then?

WOW. . someone remembers me???? I forgot I even used that handle, but yeah, I did! It's been ages since I posted on the IF forum, it kinda started going downhill. I can't even remember what we used to talk about.

Were you using a different handle back then?

I was Iris and later Iris1984... I stopped going to the IF forum for a long while too... then I came back and used this name because I was bored of my old one... and...

Yes, I do remember you. :)

:devil: when i first saw this:

Originally posted by Final_Vision
:cry: The In Flames forum..............mayb it forever rest in peace.......... :cry:

thought that the IF was no longer..and somehow felt cool about it.... hehe :Shedevil:

what is wrong F_V????????

I was Iris and later Iris1984... I stopped going to the IF forum for a long while too... then I came back and used this name because I was bored of my old one... and...

Yes, I do remember you. :)

Ahh yes. . I remember that handle! Do you still use that forum? I've been avoiding it like the plague for the last year.. . it got too stupid and annoying, people really having a go at each other over the most stupid things.

Ahh yes. . I remember that handle! Do you still use that forum? I've been avoiding it like the plague for the last year.. . it got too stupid and annoying, people really having a go at each other over the most stupid things.

exactly hehe, its full of flamers, pointless threads, newbies, ugh, I hate the place, I still post there out of love for the band, but its very minimal......

Greetings.

@Those who said they didn't love the french language : c'est la plus belle langue au monde, la plus poétique, la plus versatile, la plus belle quoi ! Alors je vous emmerde :p

@Fury : Je suis né à Charlesbourg, mais maintenant je reste dans la Basse-Ville, plus précisément à Saint-Sauveur. Tu viens à Québec souvent ? Je suis jamais allé à Boucherville, mais j'ai entendu le nom plus d'une fois. Tu vas veiller à Mtl une fois de temps en temps ? Aller voir des shows aux Foufs, je gage :) Sinon, il m'arrive d'aller au Saphire, quand je peux...

@Mousewings : I agree with your comment on the weather bringing depressive mood. I just can't stand winter, spending a whole winter without snow is all I ask... It may be romantic for those who don't live with it 6 months/year, but in the end it gets on the nerves.

Re Greek superiority : And to say that I thought that Greece was paradise (sun, not expensive, kind people, beaches, awesome sight...)... Everybody are just sick perverts.

Now I KNOW it's paradise. :cool:

BTW I was about to ask what's the meaning of Colada according to your distorted perception of things... You don't want me to guess in front of everybody.

Yeah I also think that french is very poetic, only sentence in french I know is "vive la merde", not very poetic.

Originally posted by Blue Moon
c'est la plus belle langue au monde, la plus poétique, la plus versatile, la plus belle quoi !

je conviens. :)
je ne sais pas pourquoi il y a tant de personnes qui détestent le français ... sadly, i didn't learnt it well at school so i'm afraid that has a lot of mistakes :cry: