The Most Universally Respected Bands (among metalheads)

Carcassian and GoD don't like Atheist.

I've never heard anyone hating Candlemass. They're rightfully untouchable:kickass:

GoD doesn't like Atheist? I thought he did. I'm gonna have to kick his ass.

And Candlemass is definitely dope.

Black Sabbath
Destruction
Kreator

Iron Maiden even though I'm not their greatest fan

Judas Priest's early stuff

Slayer,Saint Vitus

these I believe are pretty universally respected in the metal world

others I won't add because I've heard more negative reactions

I'll say it again. Black Sabbath. As time goes on, I realize this more and more. It just occured to me that I play Sabbath songs on my guitar more than any other band (particularly Children of the Grave, War Pigs, Iron Man, Supernaut, and Into the Void). But that may also be because I'm not a very good guitarist and those songs are easy for me to play.

No way, Dissection get plenty of disrespect.

Immolation and Incantation seem to have a degree of respect from everyone.
Immolation?
Not from me. Dawn of Possession is very good,because it has songs that stick with you, Unholy Cult crushes, but the rest ranges from underproduced infernal sludge(Here in After) to overproduced infernal sludge(Close to a World Below). I can't seem to get through the production on their other albums. They seem to have a lot of good things going, but the production just seems inappropriate for the kind of DM that they play.
In other words, I Feel Nothing(Here in After reference).

Ach, it only takes one to make it not universal. I trust you have nothing against Incantation then?
:p

I've only listened the debut. It's good, but fairly tedious in places and given its length, can be difficult to get through in one sitting. I've heard their other records are more of the same.

Immolation?
Not from me. Dawn of Possession is very good,because it has songs that stick with you, Unholy Cult crushes, but the rest ranges from underproduced infernal sludge(Here in After) to overproduced infernal sludge(Close to a World Below). I can't seem to get through the production on their other albums. They seem to have a lot of good things going, but the production just seems inappropriate for the kind of DM that they play.
In other words, I Feel Nothing(Here in After reference).

what about Incantation?

fuck no. I hate Manowar.

Immolation are fairly mediocre. Also, it is my belief that Darkthrone should have stopped with Soulside Journey. I acknowledge their enormous influence on the black metal scene, but I can't honestly say that I respect it whatsoever.

Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, and Bathory win this thread; I know metalheads who dislike trad doom : /

Make sure you watch the whole thing.

Manowar = Metal

Last edited by a moderator: