The nicest thing that's happened to you lately

Draugen said:
After struggling for money for almost 5 months, I finally got a letter today, that said I would finally get payed for my studies... This means that I finally can buy the ticket to 2000 Decibel
sooooooo incredibly happy....must be spring?

:headbang:See you in the front row!

hum , i went to Zimmer's Hole / Devin Townsend / SYL gig some weeks ago, it was really cool :)
I also saw an accoustic show of Evergrey a few days ago...nice =)

And i'm proud to announce that i am now a member of a band named Tripocal Chips, as singer / harmonica / clarinet / accoustic guitar (i will begin to learn to play soon !) looool this is lots of fun...
website will come soon ! =)

Edit : And holidays are tomorrow !!!! can't wait...

Phildwarf said:
I also saw an accoustic show of Evergrey a few days ago...nice =)
I had wanted to see one of these shows as well.........too bad all of them were now right after the release of the album. I was so much hoping for a gig during the time I'm going to be in Sweden in May and I also emailed Micke from Evergrey about it...........but there's not going to be one !:cry:

And exactly where did you find these cool guys? They just popped up? .... 'finding cool guys'.. sounds so suspicious!!
eysupdown.gif

Now TODAY was a good day. I had 2 goals... find a bike for a reasonable price (~$120) and buy a CDRW for my laptop...

I had already checked several bike shops in Taoyuan, and they weren't too small, and had bikes that were either too cheap ($45) or too expensive ($200). I wouldn't mind spending $200 on a bike if I were going to use it for more than 2 months, so...

Anyway, I took the shuttle to Taipei after work, checked out a shop I read in the tour book. Not only did they have a bike for close to my price range (NT$4900 ~= $150), it was even the right size for me. I was worried about them only having small frames because, well, most Asians are smaller than me. So all good... except that I don't quite know how to get it back to Taoyuan... I think it's about 50km+, but I might just take the train in to Taipei on the weekend and bike back here... once I get a map. So... all good.

Next stop, the NOVA electronics center... 4 stories of electronics... and none had what I wanted... :( so sad. So I wandered a bit around that area and found a fnaq (never heard of it before) store... First 2 floors, electronics... but no dice. Next floor, only books. But I remembered I needed to get a Mandarin phrasebook anyway, so I found a Lonely Planet book, and it's qute good!

Next floor, CD store. Cool, I need to do some shopping... most of my CD shopping is online, and I can either pay a lot to have it shipped here, or I can have it shipped to my parents and pick it up in 2-4 months. bah! Do a little searching. They have a tiny hard rock section, but it had quite a good selection of metal... Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Lacrimas Profundere, Death, Morbid Angel, and bunches else. But in that section, they had a disc playing... it took some effort to find out what it was, and then buy it, but it's in my NP. I'm guessing it's a polish band, but the entire CD package lists nothing more than tracks, artist, title, and catalog number. wierd. It's mostly good female vocals over decent guitars. Whatever... I'll try to put up some samples in the next week.

And best part, almost all the CDs were under NT$400 ($12). Fantastic!
The List:
Desdemona -- Stagnacja
Bach -- The Art of Fugue / Musical Offering
Death -- The Sound of Perseverance
The Elysian Fields -- 12 Ablaze
Wan Fang -- Greatest Hits (a random chinese pop disc)
Burning Point -- Salvation by Fire (it was cheap... I took a chance on it).

And to top it all off, I then went down to the basement to a restaraunt called something like "For the Passion of Curry". Yum!

Off to bed!

Now Playing: Desdemona -- Stagnacja -- Slady przeznaczenia
/* random quote */
"You go to a resort like St Antonio in Ibiza and everyone's sitting outside having a full English breakfast, reading their Sun and looking as though they could be in Britain. Apart from the fact that it's sunny."
-BBCOnline

Today, for the first time ever, someone "stole" one of my
album-reviews!! hehehe...

I actually think it's quite cool, I can't believe someone would
actually do such a thing, to something I've written! lol...

I've e-mailed the guy asking "Did you listen to the
album at all?" and I can't wait for his replay! >:eek:) hehe....