The Official Movie Thread

I watched the new Scream last night. Like the previous two Scream films, this has a meta-type plotline to it. The plot is clear, Ghostface returns to slash and mutilate another group of teens and the old crowd come to the rescue.
scream-creepy-duck-1.png
The kills are very good. Not massively original but gory none the less. David Arquette stood out for me as the best performance in the film. Neve Campbell and Courtney Cox were pure filler. Dylan Minette was massively underused.
scream-paramount.jpg

If you like the previous films, give this a go but don't expect anything magnificent.

7/10

I gave the new Scream 0.5 stars, which I rarely do. I hate the 'reboot' concept generally, making pathetic watered down rehashes of the original, and the fact that it's all meta and self-aware about what it's doing doesn't make it any better. There's no room for satire anymore and even as a simple slasher it lacked all tension or surprise.

This is the second time I've seen it, first time since my teens though. Way better than I remember actually. Gritty, sleazy, socio-political, violent, crazy stunts, I love it. When the roller-coaster cart goes flying off the rails was fucking hilarious. They don't make movies like this anymore man.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
This is the second time I've seen it, first time since my teens though. Way better than I remember actually. Gritty, sleazy, socio-political, violent, crazy stunts, I love it. When the roller-coaster cart goes flying off the rails was fucking hilarious. They don't make movies like this anymore man.

b23d30871f73338489f40159b66667a5a5dbc42f.gifv

Reactions: CiG
it's just that
with Boseman dead, and them doing the whole "respect for the dead" thing of not re-casting T'challa
then we now have no black characters in the MCU after this whole "Wakanda forever" movie that obviously takes place "during the blip"

they're talking about a black dude playing Blade in the MCU,
NOW
but the refusal to re-cast T'Challa draws attention to the fact that really Blade could have been in the MCU the whole fucking time
he's eventually gonna have to say the phrase so why couldn't they have just done that in the beginning??

they could have just shown Blade standing on the ground looking up at Iron-man flying above and saying
"If it doesn't involve vampires, it's not my problem"
he says the phrase a bunch of times in the comics, he says it when Blade apaers in the 1990's Spiderman cartoon
and IIRC i think even Wesley Snipes says it somewhere in the Blade trilogy
so why could they have not just had him say it in the MCU right when Disney acquired the movie rights to Blade??

also
Luke Cage not on the big screen??

come on
refusing to re-cast T'Challa
and
NOT having Blade instantly join the MCU when they first acquired the ability to do so
and
Luke Cage not being able to get onto the big screen??

all these together makes it pretty clear that studio execs are being racist
it's like they're making movies for white-supremacists to watch instead of making plots that make sense

i'm trying to avoid sounding like a lame-ass SJW here
but the MCU is weirdly refusing to make the movies that i wanna see
and it's gotten to the point of just being unmistakably racist
by having Blade say "the phrase" he could have been in the MCU the whole fucking time
and now, the way they built-up all the interconnected movies, they're definitely going to have to have him say "the phrase" anyway, just to fit him into the MCU anyway,

Luke Cage being "the black guy" in the "Civil War" movie just made so much more sense than T'Challa
but now with T'Challa not being re-cast, they still can't get Luke Cage onto Movie Theater Screens??
Come on now
Kevin Fiege needs to be called out as a racist
and Luke Cage needs to get onto the big Screen

Matt Reeves has carved out his name in the Batman universe. His take was to put it simply, an utter joy to watch. Robert Pattinson was perfectly cast as the damaged Bruce Wayne. His pitch perfect, understated performance annihilated previous incarnations (albeit those ones were different styles of the story) of Batman. Paul Dano was spectacular as The Riddler. Dano has always done creepy well but he is on top form here as the cackling madman.
robert-pattinson-the-batman.jpg
The cinematography was skillfully done, with some particularly well placed shots that elevated this film above other comic book films. The score was also very strong, especially in key scenes.

It was also pleasant to see John Turturro as mobster Carmine Falcone. Turturro puts in a solid performance with a reasonable amount of depth. Colin Farrell, after his unrecognisable, beast like performance in The North Water, returns again on top form as the Penguin. In heavy make-up but utterly convincing in performance.

My only niggle with the film was Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. On a personal level I'm not a fan of the character, but I thought Kravitz was miscast and was unconvincing.

Overall The Batman stands above all previous Batman films.

My only niggle with the film was Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. On a personal level I'm not a fan of the character, but I thought Kravitz was miscast and was unconvincing.
honestly hearing that Selina Kyle/Catwoman was going to be in this movie really just made me go back to having wet dreams about Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman

and honestly
Robert Pattinson's casting as Bruce Wayne/Batman really seems like a publicity-stunt more than legit casting
clearly they wanted Robert Pattinson's existing fan-base to trample each other to go see this movie
and apparently it worked

it really just makes me think of Green Lantern's horrible casting
they tried to get Ryan Reynold's pre-existing Fan-base to watch Ryan play Hal Jordan
it didn't work because Ryan's fans were waiting to see Nathan Fillion play Hal Jordan
they tried to get Blake Lively's pre-existing fan-base to see a Green Lantern movie
that didn't work because Blake Lively's pre-existing fans didn't have any idea who the fucking hell Green Lantern even was
they tried to Angela Bassett's pre-existing fans to watch Angela in a Green Lantern movie
that didn't work because she was playing Amanda Waller and Angela Bassett's fans didn't know who the fuck Amanda Waller was
and Amanda Waller's fans thought Viola Davis would have been the perfect actress for playing Amanda Waller
aside from everything else that was wrong with Green Lantern, the casting was a badly done publicity stunt

Bat-Fleck was the same thing
Ben Affleck getting casted as Bruce Wayne/Batman was clearly because the casting director being in love with Affleck's portrayal of Matt Murdock/Daredevil

and
clearly Robert Pattinson's casting as Bruce Wayne/Batman was the same kinda thing here
there's a shit-ton of straight women and gay guys who think Rob's face is super gorgeous
did those straight women and gay guys trample each other to get to the theater to watch sexy Rob in a Batman movie??
maybe, but this sexy-guy as the lead, has worked before
the casting directors of the MCU got females to watch their universe of movies
by casting sexy dudes
straight women watch Avengers movies because they think Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth look sexy
and lets not forget the straight guys and the lesbians that watch Avengers movies because Scarlett Johansson is sexy

as a Selina Kyle fan, Zoe playing Selina looks weird-as-fuck
but i understand that it was done because they thought that the specificpeople who loved Zoe in Deadpool 2 would flock to the theater to see fun sexy Zoe in a different superhero movie

and Rob Pattinson was clearly meant to get straight women and gay guys to see a Batman movie

@AbelTim
don't get me wrong here
Rob Pattinson is an awesome actor
if you actually read the Twilight books, you can tell how amazing Rob is as an actor
if you say those movies sucked, you can't blame Pattinson
he did an amazing job of perfectly portraying a horribly-written-character
did Pattinson do a super awesome job playing Bruce Wayne/Batman, probably
and you yourself said the director did an awesome job of directing Robert's version of Batman

but
at the end of the day
part of the huge success at the box-office is just the straight girls and the gay guys who think that Rob Pattinson is way sexi-er than Ben Affleck