The Official Movie Thread

Watching:

MV5BMGNkOWQzMzctZDE2OS00MGIyLTk2ODUtNzQyY2MzODViYjE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR70,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

:tickled: that ending

Last edited:
just scrolled past a remake, the original worth a damn? Have never heard of it

It's an oddball one. It was originally written to be a black comedy parody of slashers, from a more feminine (feminist?) perspective due to the director's gender, but it ended up being filmed as a serious slasher, so the end product is a weird blend of creepy shots, some dark atmosphere, pretty violent etc but all the characters are dumb as dirt and there's a bunch of satirical subtext as per the original concept.

It's no masterpiece but definitely a curiosity of the period.

Reactions: rms
spider-man-2_u-L-F4S5Z90.jpg

I'd seen this before, long ago, so I thought I would just leave it playing in the background while I do dishes or whatever. Instead I just sat and watched it completely transfixed for what sure as hell didn't feel like 2 hours. Almost got a bit teary-eyed during the train scene. Okay, not almost. Best superhero film... ever?

I haven't seen Logan or Blade, and the former in particular is probably a top contender so I should get right on that. I don't think any of the others you mentioned beat Spidey 2 though.

@Bloopy
Zoe wasn't in Deadpool 2 you fuckin' crackhead.
actually
the fact that i was getting those 2 actresses mixed-up actually proves my point about how Matt Reeves' movie was casted

Zoe Kravitz was casted as Selina Kyle to entertain the specific people who were entertained by Zazie Beets playing Domino

let me break-it-down-in-crayon for ya

first
as i bitched about several times earlier
the Hollywood producers who make superhero movies are frequently trying to entertain the specific people who have never read a single superhero comic in their lives
(Toby Maguire's webbing coming directly out of his wrists as a superpower instead of a mechanical device, IronMan 3 making it's money back and a profit from just the movie theaters inside China before anyone outside of China actually saw the movie, Johnny Storm in Fant4stic being a black guy even though Sue being the black person could have worked a million times better, Nick Cage and Ben Affleck and Rob Pattinson being allowed to play superheros, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively and Angela Bassett all being in the Green Lantern movie, these were all examples of the executives behind superhero movies just straight-up ignoring the fans of the source-material)

in the Marvel comic, the character Domino is ALWAYS shown with snow-white-skin, ALWAYS shown with white-people-hair and was sometimes drawn with a face that is super-chiseled, hyper-caucazoid, with an unmistakably-Roman-nose

then comes Zazie Beats doing Domino as a black woman, (the studio is basically saying, "hey, look-at-us not-being-racist, we're putting a black actor in this movie") but she's bright-enough that there's not a screaming back-lash of people freaking out about a snow-white-character suddenly being chocolate-dark, and she's so freaking white-looking that she's gotta have a fucking Afro to make the character look black instead of just white-girl-Domino-with-a-suntan

Fox prolly wanted to use Zoe Kravitz and couldn't for some reason
so they got Zazie Beats as the girl who is interchangeable with Zoe Kravitz

so then Warner Brothers snagged Zoe to play Selina Kyle
Zoe fucking Kravitz playing Selina Kyle doesn't really make any fucking sense in any other fucking context
i mean, the people who have read every single comic-book appearance of Selina Kyle are still having wet-dreams about Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman

for the comic-book dorks who have read all of Domino's comic appearances and/or all of Selina Kyle's comic-book appearances, it's pretty fucking obvious that Zazie Beats getting the role of Domino directly led to Zoe getting the role of Selina Kyle
like seriously Zoe needs to write a thank-you letter to the casting director of Deadpool 2

side note
the fans of Domino's comic appearances would have prolly casted Kate Beckinsale
i mean seriously
this specific kate beckinsale gif looks totally just like some of the Domino comic pictures when Domino had the shorter-hair
3cdc174d383722cc4002752b46041bf0.gif

also
Cable and Domino date for a while in the comic
so if Cable and Domino appear in the 3rd Deadpool movie
they'll prolly be dating with the studio hyping it as an "interracial-relationship"

I haven't seen Logan or Blade, and the former in particular is probably a top contender so I should get right on that. I don't think any of the others you mentioned beat Spidey 2 though.
i remember when Spiderman 3 came out and it was so horrible that people had (vehement) arguments about which one was better, Spiderman 1 or Spiderman 2

also
IMO
superhero movies better than Spiderman 2
Blade, The Watchmen, and Unbreakable
Batman Begins was good
but the other 2 Nolan Batman movies sucked