The Official Movie Thread

Jesus Christ fucking shut up lol.
@AbelTim thought that Zoe Kravitz playing Selina Kyle looked weird, and as a person who actually reads all of Miss Kyle's comic-book appearances, i totally agreed, and then i explained how that weird-as-hell casting decision was made

Header-Celia3-750x400.jpg

any aussies on the board seen celia (1989)? they weirdly tried to market it as a full-blown horror but it's actually somewhere between pan's labyrinth and kes, inhabiting the perspective of a young girl with an active imagination growing up during the political turmoil of the '50s. may be a little heavy-handed politically with its overt symbolism but it's really well observed and acted, very intense in places. would recommend, it kept surprising me.

Reactions: CiG

any aussies on the board seen celia (1989)? they weirdly tried to market it as a full-blown horror but it's actually somewhere between pan's labyrinth and kes, inhabiting the perspective of a young girl with an active imagination growing up during the political turmoil of the '50s. may be a little heavy-handed politically with its overt symbolism but it's really well observed and acted, very intense in places. would recommend, it kept surprising me.

Not me, never heard of it, but try to check it out somehow.

Nope but Pan's Labyrinth meets Kes sounds amazing.

@Tide In Mind Out
@TageRyche

am i really the only freaking person on ultimatemetal that really actually liked the watchmen movie??
i mean,
i, personally, really actually loved all of those parts of the visually-stunning movie that were totally-different than the over-rated comic

drieberg warning veidt instead of Rorschach doing it himself,
Rorschach retrieving his original mask from the psychiatrist instead of all that crap with landlord
these 2 things combined make Rorschach way-the-fuck-scarier than he is in the comic
viedt actually being clearly-shown moving with unmistakably-super-human-speed instead of it being merely implied that veidt has some sort of super-powers
drieberg being kinda part of the audience and then freaking out about how this movie isn't a bright-and-shiny good-versus-evil kind of movie

in the comic, it totally looks like drieberg has his dick inside Laurie's pussy at the moment Rorschach dies
and i don't know how to stress this enough
this already freaked-me-the-fuck-out way-the-fuck before anyone ever said anything about a watchmen movie

and let's be realistic here, it obviously would have totally freaked-out just about anyone seeing the movie before reading the comic
Zack Snyder fixes this by having Drieberg become almost-part-of-the-audience, so that when drieberg (fully dressed) actually watches rorschach die, his reaction is a totally-perfectly-done bending-but-not-quite-breaking-the-4th-wall reference to how this movie we're watching, this movie he's in, is so much darker, grittier, and more morally ambiguous than the previously-existing superhero-movies
drieberg has spent the entire-fucking movie trying so freaking hard to pretend he's living in a bright-and-shiny good-versus-evil Justice-League movie, but then Rorschach explodes and it's really shoved in his face that this movie isn't even close to being the same as the previously existing superhero movies
and then, we see veidt and Dr Manhattan through drieberg's eyes
when Manhattan makes Rorschach explode, drieberg sees Manhattan as the bullet-and-the-gun
but he sees veidt as the hand pulling the trigger
this one sequence of Manhattan exploding Rorschach and Drieberg reacting to it
it makes both Veidt and Manhattan way-the-fuck-scarier than they are in the comic
and it also makes drieberg look more way-the-fuck-more-human than the crazy-bird-guy he is in the comic

also Manhattan's movie dialogue is completely different than his comic dialogue
and honestly, the movie dialogue is way better

i could never really just jump on the band-wagon of saying the Watchmen comic was the greatest comic of all time
when i saw the differences between the comic and the movie
what i saw was Alan Moore had mad mistakes and Zack Snyder fixed those mistakes

@Tide In Mind Out
@TageRyche
i remember people going on and on about how the comic was perfect
i remember people saying the movie was crap because of the parts that contradicted the glorious comic

but it seems like a lifetime ago since anybody's mentioned the movie
and i really don't remember anyone other than me actually liking the movie