The Official Movie Thread

But he is t3h J3sus!

I remember a bunch of homos crying in the theater when I saw that. I lol'ed inside.

Can anyone else imagine Glen Benton in the theatre with a massive bag of popcorn and extralarge drink wearing a deicide shirt just laughing his ass off?

Jesus was not all love and kisses you know. He did the same thing to those nice money changers.

He was just jealous because all the other jews were better with money then he was. It's cauise he's always hitting the bottle. Why do you think people have to give him more money every week?

I saw No Country For Old Men tonight. It was fantastic. Just a hair worse than There Will Be Blood but still awesome. Javier Bardam (is that his name?) should win the Oscar for sure.

It was actually quite an experience that led my friend and I to see this movie tonight. When I had gone to see There Will Be Blood last week they were giving out free passes to an advance screening of Blindness. I beat the system by not only getting two free passes, but not giving out my phone number (I actually don't know it, but it worked out well for me this time).

Anyway we get to the theater and the screening is full, so they are giving out free passes to No Country For Old Men or Atonement. Since we don't have vaginas we wanted to see No Country. So we hiked for 40 minutes through freezing winds to a different theater. We got there 5 minutes before the next showing of No Country and managed to see a awesome movie for free! :kickass:

Just got back from seeing this, excellent film. Tommy Lee Jones is actually a really good actor, I highly recommend The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada which he also directed. Set in Texas (I think) and Mexico it shares some similarities to No Country from an aesthetic point, but explores very different themes and has a very different tone.

Recommend me movies set in ancient times such as Troy and Gladiator.

Are you opposed to watching old movies? If not, there's always movies like Ben Hur, Spartacus, The Ten Commandments, etc. Stuff of that nature.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I'm not sure he's looking for comedy, but if he was, The Life of Brian would be a more logical choice than Holy Grail.

Troy sucked ("Immortality; take it, it's YOOUUURS!"). Gladiator was awesome.

Kingdom of Heaven? That was a good movie (although I don't like Orlando Bloom; rest of the cast was great though).

What about Braveheart? Or is the Gibson hate so great on this thread that even an awesome movie like that is disregarded b/c he directed and starred in it?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
One of my favorite movies of all time.
300, guessing you haven't saw it.
One of my favorite movies of all time.
Are you opposed to watching old movies? If not, there's always movies like Ben Hur, Spartacus, The Ten Commandments, etc. Stuff of that nature.
I should watch Spartacus.
Troy sucked ("Immortality; take it, it's YOOUUURS!"). Gladiator was awesome.

Kingdom of Heaven? That was a good movie (although I don't like Orlando Bloom; rest of the cast was great though).

What about Braveheart? Or is the Gibson hate so great on this thread that even an awesome movie like that is disregarded b/c he directed and starred in it?

I liked Troy, and I should see Kingdom of Heaven.

Thanks for the recs, keep them coming.