The Official Movie Thread

Superbad is good.
Life of Brian makes superbad look like the Thomas Crown Affair.
The Meaning of Life and The Holy Grail are also hilarious.

Off topic (sorta)... Can anyone here give me some sort of rational explanation of the ending of No Country for Old Men? I left that movie in a confused and deflated state.

Also, has Tommy Lee Jones ever been in a movie when he wasn't chasing something?

Lost in Translation was about an hour and a half too long.

A big problem I had with that was Scarlett Johannsen's mope scenes - terribly written. Especially that part about 'hair products' or whatever. But hell, every moment that involved Bill Murray on screen was golden. Funniest man alive.

I liked Superbad, but I agree with your overall point. Good comedy (in film) is tough to find. Really, TV has been better to comedy than film has.

If you want good comedy that will have you cracking up, watch To Be or Not To Be(1942), it's great, but avoid like the plague the Mel Brooks 1983 remake.

Off topic (sorta)... Can anyone here give me some sort of rational explanation of the ending of No Country for Old Men? I left that movie in a confused and deflated state.

Also, has Tommy Lee Jones ever been in a movie when he wasn't chasing something?

The whole jist of the film is that you can't control fate. "You can't stop what's coming." This is the problem with Chugar is he tries to control fate. Something as insignificant as crushing a candy wrapper, and it expands back out. The ending is sort of a joke on the audience. Most audiences like tight knit well wrapped up endings. Well, you can't control fate. It's also a very Cormac McCarthy-ish ending in that it's very abrupt and very cryptic.