The Official Movie Thread

The Brave One should hopefully be out on DVD already; if it is, I am most definitely picking it up.

Saw Sweeney Todd today.
Enjoyed it to some extent, but the musical side was a bit overpowering. Good story though.

Bit distracting because my friend kept giggling every time a throat was cut, which was unnerving.

Any Riki-Oh fans here?

head.gif

The Machinist is a wonderful movie.

As for Sweeney Todd, I didn't realise it was a musical until they started singing, so that was a bit trippy.
Can't decide if I liked it or not. I really liked the imagery though. Especially the way they did the montage of Bonham-Carter's 'dreams' or what have you.
But I giggle at gore and violence as well. I'm not sure my boyfriend wanted to sit next to me much longer..

I really want to know the title of this movie I saw a long time ago, and I'm hoping someone else here has seen it. I'm pretty it was a movie. It might have been a TV movie, or even an episode of a show (doubt it), but I saw it so long ago that I can not remember what.

Anyway, the premise, as I remember it, was that these Aliens came to earth and offered to completley rid the planet of pollution, and in exchange they wanted the world to give them all the black people. Really, that was what the movie was about. I really want to know the title. I think it was called The Sweetest Deal Ever or Wouldn't This Be Great? or something like that.

Seriously, though, if anyone has any idea what the fuck is was called.. fill me in.

I'm curious about peoples opinions on Grandma's Boy. I think it's classic and funny as hell.