The Official Movie Thread

Just watched Sweeney Todd. Great film, and no wonder it won best artistic direction (or was it costumes, I forget which). And I love the all star cast of Jack Sparrow, Snape, Pettigrew and Borat.

Just watched Sweeney Todd. Great film, and no wonder it won best artistic direction (or was it costumes, I forget which). And I love the all star cast of Jack Sparrow, Snape, Pettigrew and Borat.

I really enjoyed that movie, even the singing wasn't bad( in a very Tim Burton-kind of way, mind you)
I could make a big happy rant, but Basically I really loved this movie.

d'oh.
Yeah.
That guy.
Need to see that. I've heard Johnny Depp is very Jack Sparrow-ish.

He always plays the weird socially awkward characters, but usually in very different ways. You could probably tie some of his other roles closer together than Sparrow and Sweeney, very different IMO.

Finally saw No Country For Old Men last night. What an awesome piece of cinema. The Coen Brothers have outdone themselves.

I too need to see No Country. I've heard from people I trust that it's excellent. I've also heard this from everyone else on the planet.

Just watched Mafioso. Nothing happens. For an hour and forty minutes. Then he shoots a dude in the most boring way possible. Then nothing happens. In Italian.

At least you are a considerate person and don't take the baby to the movies. Who the fuck does that? One of the few things in this world that makes me angry

Dude, I fucking HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE that shit where I am at a movie and some fuck brought his 4 kids, 3 of which are under 7. Add this to the countless shitheads answering their fucking phones, texting, and the black people (not a racist statement, a TRUE statement) 4 rows back talking throughout the whole movie loud enough to disturb EVERYONE there, and I just want to set the fucking place on fire. We do have some more upscale places in town though, that are a little more pricey, but you can get a seat that is spacious, with catering (you can order food and drinks...real shit like fajitas, nachos, pizza, burgers, etc.), and actual tables. My wife and I go to these to avoid the cheap people in our town who have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

We went to go see Freddy Vs. Jason when it came out in a regular theater, and there were these couples there with 2 year olds, 3-4 year olds, a 6 year old.....it was sickening. But yeah, we refuse to take our son to a movie until he's old enough to handle himself. Otherwise, it's just fucking rude to everyone else there, because right now, he won't sit through SHIT and be quiet.