The Official Movie Thread

So a friend of mine enlightened me about the "Wilhelm Scream" last night. Apparently its a sound-byte that's been used in films for over 50 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched 30 Days Of Night not too long ago, not too bad.

I hated this movie, the idea of a vampire movie in 30 days of night was awesome, but the plot felt like it happened in 1 night, and the only thing that told you it was 30 days, was the words at the bottom saying what day it was. They really didn't use the 30 days of night at all.

Dude, I fucking HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE that shit where I am at a movie and some fuck brought his 4 kids, 3 of which are under 7. Add this to the countless shitheads answering their fucking phones, texting, and the black people (not a racist statement, a TRUE statement) 4 rows back talking throughout the whole movie loud enough to disturb EVERYONE there, and I just want to set the fucking place on fire. We do have some more upscale places in town though, that are a little more pricey, but you can get a seat that is spacious, with catering (you can order food and drinks...real shit like fajitas, nachos, pizza, burgers, etc.), and actual tables. My wife and I go to these to avoid the cheap people in our town who have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

We went to go see Freddy Vs. Jason when it came out in a regular theater, and there were these couples there with 2 year olds, 3-4 year olds, a 6 year old.....it was sickening. But yeah, we refuse to take our son to a movie until he's old enough to handle himself. Otherwise, it's just fucking rude to everyone else there, because right now, he won't sit through SHIT and be quiet.
I have just gained a lot of respect for you sir :worship:

watched a Clockwork Orange again. One of my favorite movies.

Kubrick was a genius. 2001: A Space Odyssey is still one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen, and it's rated fuckin' G! The man was a master of light and shadow (not to mention the soundtrack in 2001 was scary as fuck; I'm talking about the male choir that rises when they find the monolith on the moon). And those quick frozen shots of him screaming at the end when his pod goes through the "light show..." It still gives me chills when I think about it.

Yeah, "2001..." I also a great movie. That reminds me, I think Ill watch that tonight seeing as I havent seen it in a while.

Speaking of, Do you guys know of any more movies like "clockwork..."? With that weird artsy style etc etc, you know what I mean.pretty much insane-type movies, something even like "fear and loathing in Las Vegas"

I hope i explained myself halfly ok.

Yeah, "2001..." I also a great movie. That reminds me, I think Ill watch that tonight seeing as I havent seen it in a while.

Speaking of, Do you guys know of any more movies like "clockwork..."? With that weird artsy style etc etc, you know what I mean.pretty much insane-type movies, something even like "fear and loathing in Las Vegas"

I hope i explained myself halfly ok.

I don't know if you've ever seen Straw Dogs, but it's a pretty insane movie. Sam Peckinpah directed it, Dustin Hoffman's in it. It's about a guy and his wife who are terrorized by locals in the English countryside they just moved into. There's a ton of controversy about it because of Peckinpah's depiction of women in it, as well as to who the actual hero of the film is supposed to be.

ichi the killer is kinda messed up. it doesn't fit your descriptions but you should watch it anyway.

im in the mood to watch Raising Arizona. i haven't watched it in a coons age. probly nic cages best movie to date.