The Official Movie Thread

Watched Balls OF Fury yesterday, didn't really get to soak it all in, due to the toddler making noise and biting my knees and feet and shit. Looked cool, though, definitely had some chuckle moments.

Just saw There Will Be Blood, finally, and it is definitely in my top 10 favorite movies of all time.

I have yet to see Cannibal Holocaust but I've seen Cannibal Ferrox. Fucking incredible movie.

Haven't seen Cannibal Ferrox yet, from what I hear the 2 movies have a lot in common, but Cannibal Holocaust is definitely the more known of the 2 films.

Haven't seen Cannibal Ferrox yet, from what I hear the 2 movies have a lot in common, but Cannibal Holocaust is definitely the more known of the 2 films.

It has a somewhat similar plot, but the overall message and social commentary is much weaker than Cannibal Holocaust. Still a pretty decent flick overall, but there isn't a whole lot of substance to it.

It has a somewhat similar plot, but the overall message and social commentary is much weaker than Cannibal Holocaust. Still a pretty decent flick overall, but there isn't a whole lot of substance to it.

yeah thats what I've heard about it, but didn't want to say anything until I saw it for myself, which could be a long ways away. Not exactly high on my priority list.

I don't know if you've ever seen Straw Dogs, but it's a pretty insane movie. Sam Peckinpah directed it, Dustin Hoffman's in it. It's about a guy and his wife who are terrorized by locals in the English countryside they just moved into. There's a ton of controversy about it because of Peckinpah's depiction of women in it, as well as to who the actual hero of the film is supposed to be.

I just saw this movie, Straw Dogs. Holy shit, it was easily one of the best movies I've ever seen (by one of the best, I mean somewhere in the Top 50) the climax had me sitting on nails for the last 40 minutes of the movie.

The Proposition
or
The Fountain

Both great. The Proposition was amazing, and the soundtrack kicked ass. The Fountain was cool, if you're into weird stuff. Actually, panzer, if you like Kubrick, you'd probably like The Fountain.

Darren Aronofsky's other films are great too. Pi is a pretty cool movie.

Also, panzer, if you're looking for something like No Country, you should try some of the Coen's older films. Miller's Crossing is great.

Also, another film with Ray Winstone and Ben Kingsley. Sexy Beast. That's a fucked up movie (hilarious though).

True but is there suppossed to be one? Its an explotation film. Does it really need to have an interesting story?

Some of the scenes were awesome though.

Just saw teeth, wow I've never laughed so uncontrollably hard at such disturbing things in my entire life. What a great movie. Trailer for those out of the loop.

Last edited by a moderator: