The Official Movie Thread

Glad you liked Straw Dogs. It's such a different kind of movie than V For Vendetta though; it's hard to make a comparison. They're both great.

yeah it's a pretty good movie. a lot of unique ideas are tossed around. I enjoyed Linklater's version of A Scanner Darkly more (since it's more like a movie rather than a series of discussions)

i just tried watching Waking Life. i made it 32 minutes before i was board to tears. the animation was sooooooooo fucking awful. or maybe its my fault. i read the description on imdb and had pretty high expectations of the movie. it reminded me of a couple previous trips i've had, and when it didn't hit the excitement level i anticipated it was a huge disappointment. listening to people have conversations i've already had didn't help either.

i've thought about trying lucid dreaming. but i really like not knowing where the dream is going to take me. for me thats the best thing about them. i have enough decisions in life i'd rather just let go.

Glad you liked Straw Dogs. It's such a different kind of movie than V For Vendetta though; it's hard to make a comparison. They're both great.

I wasn't comparing them in that way, it's just that I've watched both movies this week. Also watched Dirty Harry on Tuesday, it was nice. There's so many classics I have yet to watch.

One that doesn't have an hour and a half(like v for vendetta) where NOTHING HAPPENS AND MAKES ME FALL ASLEEP but yeah about it.

I liked V for Vendetta. I think plenty happens in the movie... I mean, it has to develop a plot.

The only gripe I had with it was Natalie Portman's acting. It was absolutely atrocious. Hugo Weaving's was sub par as well.
BUT, having said that, the plot was amazing.

The segment where she lives with V is incredibly boring and basically nothing happens, except she gets closer to him. Seriously one of the most overrated movies ever

The comic was pretty good, the movie too except hollywood ofcourse had to add stupid romance drama in it. It destroyed lots of the mystique and the "I'm just an idea and ideas are immortal"-thing V had going were lost.

Just watched Anne Of The Thousand Days, thought it was quite good. Ties in rather nicely with my re-reading of George R.R. Martin's A Song Of Fire And Ice series, although it's nowhere near as complex or adult.