The Official Movie Thread

The segment where she lives with V is incredibly boring and basically nothing happens, except she gets closer to him. Seriously one of the most overrated movies ever

Probably overrated, but I wouldn't say one of the most overrated ever. I don't really get bored by films much, the only film that has bored me to the point where I had to turn it off was Around the World in 80 Days.

Frankly, the most overrated movie I've seen was the latest Bond film - 92 on rottentomatoes compared to a 70-something for V for Vendetta. The Bond film took itself way to seriously, lacked awesome one-liners, etc, and overall shat on all the bond films preceding it by not being awesomely tasteless, and yet everyone loved it. Meanwhile, V for Vendetta, while undeniably flawed, did try to make you think about shit and got an average score.

Frankly, the most overrated movie I've seen was the latest Bond film - 92 on rottentomatoes compared to a 70-something for V for Vendetta. The Bond film took itself way to seriously, lacked awesome one-liners, etc, and overall shat on all the bond films preceding it by not being awesomely tasteless, and yet everyone loved it. Meanwhile, V for Vendetta, while undeniably flawed, did try to make you think about shit and got an average score.

Hmmm I agree about the newest Bond film whole heartedly, maybe as a standalone movie it was alright (nothing special though), but as a Bond Film (Which is what I payed to see) it failed miserably.

Personally I think they should've just discontinued the franchise once it ran dry. I'm all for movies with good character development and romances, but thats not what James Bond is about. Make another secret agent series if thats what you want, but leave Bond alone, it was what it was, and it was great for what it was.

Unfortunately it's all about the $$$ with most movies. Why make a new franchise, when the old one will bring in all the fans you've gained?

so it wasnt the best bond film ever. i didnt expect it to be that good but it was a step in the right direction. it was 10 times better then any Brosnan bond. that and i really doubt you can top the Connery/Moore era.

I honestly can't remember a single good thing about it. The action was meh, most of the plot centered around a poker game, that wasn't terribly interesting, and the ending felt so stretched out and out of place. I don't see how people liked it.

Craig did a good job. It showed how he trusted women early on and how he lost that trust.
The poker stuff was cool. and the badguy was different than usual.
and of course, the P99 kicks ass! heh

edit: oh yeah, and the chase scene at the begining was pure tits.... especially on BluRay

Rob "Klister";7127930 said:
your not one of those steven segal fans are you?

nope can't say I've ever had much of an interest in any of his films, haven't really seen any that I can remember.