The Official Movie Thread

Heh, a friend of mine was just talking about that movie last night. Apparently they torture/kill live animals and juxtapose that with killing people to make the people killing seem more real.

Heh, a friend of mine was just talking about that movie last night. Apparently they torture/kill live animals and juxtapose that with killing people to make the people killing seem more real.

The killing of live animals is vastly overstated, it is indeed extremely gory for the squeamish, but torture is never a part of it, the animals are killed just as you would kill any other animal if you were away from civilization and needed food. Also the reason the human gore is extremely realistic as well, isn't because of the animal killings, but because they used real pig organs for the effects. It's not a splatter film like Evil Dead or Riki-Oh, but it is an extremely realistic and disturbing film about people at their darkest.

probably the best lines I've heard in a movie since "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS."

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Don't you mean "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?!?"

God damn, Comedy Central. Just bleep it out if you must, or at least change it in such a way that it still makes sense.

Has anyone here seen the movie Salo, based off of de Sade's 120 Days of Sodom? I've been wanting to see it, but I've been skeptical as to whether I'd enjoy it. Gore doesn't bother me, but is it a good, worthwhile film is what I want to know.

I have yet to see Cannibal Holocaust but I've seen Cannibal Ferrox. Fucking incredible movie.

2001 remains to be one of my favorite movies of all time, as well as A Clockwork Orange. Stanley Kubrick is one of the greatest directors.

There Will Be Blood is awesome as well.

Just saw Cannibal Holocaust for the first time in my life today. What an amazing piece of cinema.

The message at the end of the movie, about the media, was more shocking than the film itself. Don't get me wrong, this film is shocking. Probably the most shocking horror film of all time, but where the media has gone w/ wars, and literally everything else on television these days. For the film to make a statement about the media that holds, not only true, but more true today than ever makes CH just totally awesome.

so yeah, I need a cool movie to watch. Something modern, with a really good script and great acting. Also wonderfully composed scenes and shots etc.
think " no Country..."

Modern being new film, not modern story or whatnot