The Official Movie Thread

Well so I watched the Transformers movie and here are my thoughts:

- the movie is basically a comedy
- like 80% of the movie has nothing to do with transformers, more about the main character and his lame life
- very predictable plot & characters
- surprisingly lived up to its 14a rating, not as child-friendly as I thought it would be
- terribly lame acting in most cases
- lame actor cameos
- lots of advertising and brand mentioning ie. GMC cars, nokia etc
- somewhat entertaining due to comical scenes
- lost points on using the uber-cheesy pesudo-dramatic Hollywood
orchestral/opera whatever music (the one that's used in hundreds of movies and previews, you know the one :Smug:

"push the cube into my chest! do it now!" :lol:

final score: 3/10

I watched Aguirre, Wrath Of God this afternoon and for the first half or so I have to say I was slightly dissapointed, it really picked up after that though and the ending was fantastic. Top film.

Well so I watched the Transformers movie and here are my thoughts:

- the movie is basically a comedy
- like 80% of the movie has nothing to do with transformers, more about the main character and his lame life
- very predictable plot & characters
- surprisingly lived up to its 14a rating, not as child-friendly as I thought it would be
- terribly lame acting in most cases
- lame actor cameos
- lots of advertising and brand mentioning ie. GMC cars, nokia etc
- somewhat entertaining due to comical scenes
- lost points on using the uber-cheesy pesudo-dramatic Hollywood
orchestral/opera whatever music (the one that's used in hundreds of movies and previews, you know the one :Smug:

"push the cube into my chest! do it now!" :lol:

final score: 3/10
It's Transformers. Expect cheese. The cube shit was horrible though.

What the fuck is wrong with Michael Bay? He needs to be fucking shot. I have NEVER seen a better movie fucking ruined due to horrible directing. The special effects were amazing, the writing was pretty damn good, the voices of the Transformers were surprisingly good. But I swear to God the man can not choose camera angles to save his fucking life. Every single fight was fucked up because you COULDN'T FUCKING SEE!!! And the camera was grainy as hell. Really, I enjoyed it, but it could have been so much better. My summer blockbuster list

Live Free or Die Hard > Pirates 3 > Transformers > Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer > Spiderman 3.

Transformers > Die Hard >......
......................................... everything else

Wow. Just saw Apocalypto on DVD- thought it would be total shit, but it turned out absolutely great. It was like a blockbuster but everything was genuine from costumes to historical detail.

Just got back from watching Die Hard 4.0. Thought it was awesome, just all out action. Some corny moments, but it made it better. John cant die, and that point was well captured. 2 and 3 got fucked in the ass.