The Official Movie Thread

can you guys recommend me a good movie? I'm so tired of shallow hollywood crap

The Seventh Seal

or if you don't want that:

Memento, Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain, Pan's Labyrinth, A Clockwork orange, 2001, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, City of God, Layer Cake, Following...

sweet jesus, anything!

The Seventh Seal

or if you don't want that:

Memento, Requiem for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain, Pan's Labyrinth, A Clockwork orange, 2001, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, City of God, Layer Cake, Following...

sweet jesus, anything!

Yes to all that.

Also: Children of Men

I was invited to watch the new Harry Potter movie and I enjoyed it. Mind you, I'm not a fan or anything as I've only seen one other movie in the series - it might have been the previous one.

Also, I watched Dead Silence. I was disappointed, I thought it would have been hilariously entertaining and cheesy but it seemed like relatively nothing happened in the movie. It wasn't bad though, just not very good.

A lot of people seem to be into harry potter and I am just not into things like that. I like crime/organized crime/mob type movies and older horror movies.

have you ever enjoyed anything?
I have a feeling that you say "god, thats stupid" or "thats dumb" or "that sucks!" alot.

I enjoy plenty of things, but when something is idiotic I acknowledge it. The idea of a team going out into space to re-ignite the sun which has gone out is so... so... holy shit, the words don't exist to describe how stupid that is and you're a fucking moron for not seeing it.

Just so you know, Krig, the sun isn't a giant ball of twine that happens to be on fire. It's not something that could just go out and one day and make it real dark for a while until someone got up there with a bic.

if its not 100% real, then why watch it. I mean I hate all that fantasy, action, scifi, ect..... type of movies. they just suck :rolleyes:

You're such a fucking idiot, Krig, you have no idea. There's a huge difference between "fantasy" and "bullshit". Sunshine does not qualify as "Sci-Fi" because anyone connected with it's production has apparently never heard of science.

A movie about pixies? Fine. A movie where there are cyborgs and time travel? Sure. Some scientists clone dinosaurs? Ok. But the premise behind Sunshine is such a fucking farce that you would need a mental age of four to not see how fucking retarded it is. It's like something out of Looney Toons.

If Sunshine was intended to be a comedy, I'd be ok with it.