The Official Movie Thread

I've watched Signs, Unbreakable, Lady in the Water and Sixth Sense and didn't like any of them, though the latter has its moments. I don't really understand what people see in his movies.They just strike me as being overly silly, almost childish in execution, but not in a comical or particularly entertaining way.

im sorry but the village was terrible. i was so disappointed when i saw it in theatres, and i guess im the only one who likes lady in the water :lol:

I saw Signs when I was like 11...it was probably the scariest movie I've seen up to that point so it had a big impact on me. I still enjoy the film, but I realize it has very little redeeming qualities.

As for The Sixth Sense...It's an excellent film that does deserve a lot of praise. Not the best psychological thriller, but its good one.

I actually was really torn with The Village when I first saw it. The twist (if you want to call it that) completely changes the mood of the film, and suddenly you realize that you're not at all watching the kind of movie you thought you were. I didn't like it at all after watching it for the first time. I was disappointed and frustrated. However, I watched it again one day when it was on HBO, and I slowly began to warm up to it. It's grown on me ever since. But that's just me. :cool:

Unbreakable had the potential to be a solid film, but the titles at the end ruined it for me. He should've just shown the twist and left it open for potential sequels that would of course never get made. The telling us what happened was pure lame.

Just saw Master of the Flying Guillotine, definitely essential for Martial Arts fans. It showcases lots of different fighting styles, and the Flying Guillotine is a badass weapon.

actually it's originally in english, and then the tapes got lost and they decided to dub over it in german (because everyone involved was insane)

among my favourites of all time, anyway, with the best soundtrack to anything ever. popol vuh makes that film.

I always assumed it was originally done in German since Kinski and Herzog are German, but wikipedia says it was originally in English. I'm suprised I didn't notice it was out of sync when i was watching it...

Agreed about the soundtrack, they get it spot on.

have you seen the enigma of kaspar hauser?

No, but I have it on DVD.