The Official Movie Thread

Was anyone else aware of this?!?!

iron_man.jpg

More info and such.
http://movies.ign.com/objects/034/034317.html

Brings a song to mind.

simpsons suck, i watched the 400th episode( and for the record, alot f others before that) and it was a 24 parody, and the little asian kid say that the stink bomb the bullies were setting off would have a stink radius 'farther than any of tus can kick a kickball'. like anyone that would appreciate that humor would also appreciate a 24 parody!!!!

you know what movie i saw lately, the treasure of sierre madre. it was good. my all time fave is the blues brothers. R.I.P john.

Exactly. This movie seems to be going in that direction, less of the smart ass funny guy and more of the nutjob. I am really liking the new darker Batman franchise.
exactly!

No one tops Jack Nicholas.
he sucks, goofy joker is shit. The new crazy killer insane joker will top all.

damn, that last Hulk movie sucked

I enjoyed it, of course it could have been 10x better.

and with that im going to add that they better give the Hulk an insane feat of strength.
Superman in his recent movie picks up a mountain and carries it into space. Hulk better destroy a mountain or something huge.
because afterall, Hulk > supes

the simpsons movie was alright but it just didn't quite deliver considering the greatness of the series. At parts, it was a bit boring and some of the humor was forced/predictable. Still love the show, however.

I enjoyed it, of course it could have been 10x better.

and with that im going to add that they better give the Hulk an insane feat of strength.
Superman in his recent movie picks up a mountain and carries it into space. Hulk better destroy a mountain or something huge.
because afterall, Hulk > supes
I just went over the top, exspecially that last part.

But yeah, Hulk needs to be stronger :headbang:

They were showing Persona on Film 4 on the same night he died... creepy, no?
Not really and I didn't watch it anyway because I was tired.

Also, I watched Pi the other night. It really impressed me, much more than Requiem For A Dream, which had far too much pointless style over substance for my liking.

gah. you should've watched Persona

and definitely agree with you on Pi. Such a great film. You should check out Aronofsky's latest film, The Fountain. Absolutely fucking gorgeous. 98% of the movie was filmed without CGI (and when you see some of the shots, it's pretty hard to believe)

You should check out Aronofsky's latest film, The Fountain.

All of his films that I've seen have been really good and The Fountain was no exception. I'd like to see more movie recommendations along these lines than the superhero movies.

gah. you should've watched Persona

and definitely agree with you on Pi. Such a great film. You should check out Aronofsky's latest film, The Fountain. Absolutely fucking gorgeous. 98% of the movie was filmed without CGI (and when you see some of the shots, it's pretty hard to believe)

I was reading about it a short while ago, but the plot didn't really appeal to me and I don't like Rachel Weisz, still, if I ever see it going for cheap and I've got some spare money...

All of his films that I've seen have been really good and The Fountain was no exception. I'd like to see more movie recommendations along these lines than the superhero movies.

:erk: it's tough trying to think of movies/directors that are comparable, but if you enjoyed Pi, you might enjoy Christopher Nolan's "Following". it was the movie he made before Memento, and, in my opinion, Following is a much much better film. Just totally interesting with a hell of an ending.

13 Tzameti is fucking awesome too, but I'm not too sure if you're keen on the idea of high stakes russian roulette