The Official Movie Thread

i love stalker, and i have solaris but i'm yet to watch it. i totally love soderbergh's version (the one with clooney) and i'm expecting tarkovsky to top that. best director in existence i think, even though his filmography isn't my favourite

i can see why the fountain polarises audiences but i'm more inclined to be negative than positive, it isn't as clever as it wants to be and it's generally very messy

'the seventh seal' and 'persona' are the best bergmans i've seen, although vastly different from one another

Just watched The Departed for the first time. Great movie, at least in terms of the plot. I burst out laughing every time someone got shot.

Just watched Batman: The Movie, holy fucking shit this is probably one of the (if not THE) best cheesy movies of all time. Seriously fucking awesome, Adam West is THE best batman ever, hands down.

Just watched Stop-Loss. I thought it was alright. It was an interesting subject that could have been portrayed more interestingly, but whatever. Decent movie if anyone really loved Jarhead.

true

I think of Fight Club as being influenced by Persona and just failing. there are other "Ooo! It's all in their heads!" type of movies but I can't think of any. Persona and probably Mulholland Drive (but for different reasons) are the only films whose ending or explanation er whatever doesn't seem like a deus ex machina. I can't quite think too well right now as a result of inebriation, but I think that's what I'm trying to say

Just watched The Departed for the first time. Great movie, at least in terms of the plot. I burst out laughing every time someone got shot.

I didn't like the movie much overall, but it got really good towards the end. I don't think I saw any of those shots coming.

i love stalker, and i have solaris but i'm yet to watch it. i totally love soderbergh's version (the one with clooney) and i'm expecting tarkovsky to top that. best director in existence i think, even though his filmography isn't my favourite

i can see why the fountain polarises audiences but i'm more inclined to be negative than positive, it isn't as clever as it wants to be and it's generally very messy

'the seventh seal' and 'persona' are the best bergmans i've seen, although vastly different from one another

I'm not sure which movie I like more, but I don't think its a matter of liking one more either. Anyways, I'll definitely check out the Clooney remake.

I've never seen The Fountain. I thought it looked too artsy and over-the-top even for my taste.

Just watched 2001 Maniacs, the remake of 2000 Maniacs. It was really bad, and the main characters were extremely annoying. But it does provide lots of gore and naked chicks if thats what you're looking for.

I bought The Prestige and took a chance, I have yet to watch it, was just wondering if anyone watched it, and to get there thoughts on it?

I bought The Prestige and took a chance, I have yet to watch it, was just wondering if anyone watched it, and to get there thoughts on it?

Good movie.

I came across this trailer on youtube, but I can find nothing about the movie on IMDb. Is it a real trailer, or one of those fake ones that some people make? It looks really well done if it is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvlkgCGMyQ&feature=related[/ame]

Good movie.

I came across this trailer on youtube, but I can find nothing about the movie on IMDb. Is it a real trailer, or one of those fake ones that some people make? It looks really well done if it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pvlkgCGMyQ&feature=related

I'd say it's probably real, they have websites and everything if you look at the end of the trailer.

http://www.starwaypictures.com/theblackout/
http://theblackoutmovie.blogspot.com/

My guess it's probably a fairly obscure production, that isn't terribly close to being completed yet, and IMDb will get it eventually, when more info is available.

I'm watching Versus right now, but I've stopped concentrating. Plotless fighting gets dull after the first 30 minutes.

*gasps and turns off the damn thing*

I've finished my list of gory japanese action/horror stuff to watch. Need suggestions.