The Official Movie Thread

We shall have to have an anime night as well as FF night then ;).

I watched Howl's moving castle, and it actually made me snivel a little! I am becoming so weak :lol:. But in all seriousness, it was a fantastic movie, like his others.

Anime is the only place where I let myself get all sentimental. I never cry when watching even the most depressing and tragic stuff or whatever if it's a real movie. But something about really big eyes...when I watched the Ruroni Kenshin OVA my eyes actually watered.

Just finished watching Braindead. Quite hilarious actually. The only scene that bothered me was when that old woman ate the dog. I don't like when dogs die in movies. Even the most graphic violence against any human won't make me flinch, but I like dogs.

I'm far too used to disgusting gore to cringe in the slightest. The only thing that bothered me was the scene with the dog being eaten.

I don't seem to remember what scene you are talking about.

I am rarely bothered with movies nowadays as well, but there was something about that soup scene that just got my stomach churning.

I'm far too used to disgusting gore to cringe in the slightest. The only thing that bothered me was the scene with the dog being eaten.

Yeah I actually didn't like Braindead/Dead Alive the first time I watched it cause the custard and dog scenes got to me. But now that I've seen them it doesn't bother me as much, and I can enjoy the good old straight up butchery that follows.

Yeah I actually didn't like Braindead/Dead Alive the first time I watched it cause the custard and dog scenes got to me. But now that I've seen them it doesn't bother me as much, and I can enjoy the good old straight up butchery that follows.

Well, glad I'm not the only one with a problem with depictions of animal cruelty. The custard scene on the other hand I merely found amusing, as a matter of fact I was eating while watching it :lol:

Well, glad I'm not the only one with a problem with depictions of animal cruelty. The custard scene on the other hand I merely found amusing, as a matter of fact I was eating while watching it :lol:

Eh, wasn't so much the animal cruelty, just the thought of all the hair being pulled out kind of got to me. I was a bit of a gore/gross out novice back then, the worst I had seen before that was Evil Dead and Riki-Oh.

Such an excellent movie and I'm not even that big a Bergman fan (with the exception of Wild Strawberries, which I also love)

Wild Strawberries was such a good film. I need to watch that again.

I saw The Strangers last night, quite bad.

yeah that was pretty terrible

I watched The Life Aquatic last night for probably the third time, and it's probably my favorite Wes Anderson film that I've seen (of which I've only seen a few).

Just watched the remake of The Wizard of Gore, very fun movie, just try not to compare it to the original, they're very different.

I watched The Life Aquatic last night for probably the third time, and it's probably my favorite Wes Anderson film that I've seen (of which I've only seen a few).

Haha, I love this movie. The scene where he freaks out with the Pistol that has seemingly unlimited ammo while Search and Destroy by the Stooges is playing rules.

The Royal Tennenbaums is the best Wes Anderson movie... though The Life Aquatic is quality as well. However, The Darjeeling limited was not quite on par with his other films. It was pretty good, but nowhere near the other movies.