The Official Movie Thread

I really am not a fan of Morgan Freeman. Nothing against him or his acting, it's just like every time he shows his face in a film, that movie wins like 20 awards.

Recently I've watched:

Nightwatch. The 1997 remake with Ewan Mcgregor. It was worth watching but nothing special.

Pusher I & Pusher II. Both awesome, but I like the first film a bit better.

The Royal Tennenbaums is the best Wes Anderson movie... though The Life Aquatic is quality as well. However, The Darjeeling limited was not quite on par with his other films. It was pretty good, but nowhere near the other movies.

it's been a few years since I last saw Royal Tennenbaums...need to watch it again

I didn't really like Royal Tennenbaums as much as some of his others. I think it was mostly not liking Ben Stiller trying to play a serious character though.

If I was in proximity, I would find whoever keeps making movies in the mold of Disaster Movie and beat them with a wooden club. I have no idea who gets paid to sit in a room and think "Wow, this is a great idea for a movie!" Yet, somehow these movies keep making money... Every time I see the trailer, for that god forsaken "movie," I lose some of my remaining faith in humanity.

If I was in proximity, I would find whoever keeps making movies in the mold of Disaster Movie and beat them with a wooden club. I have no idea who gets paid to sit in a room and think "Wow, this is a great idea for a movie!" Yet, somehow these movies keep making money... Every time I see the trailer, for that god forsaken "movie," I lose some of my remaining faith in humanity.

I couldn't agree with you more. The people who help to perpetuate this garbage by going out and seeing these travesties need to be fucking injured too. We should get some of those ragheads who like blowing up Israeli pizza joints to come over here and do some work on our movie theaters.

I couldn't agree with you more. The people who help to perpetuate this garbage by going out and seeing these travesties need to be fucking injured too. We should get some of those ragheads who like blowing up Israeli pizza joints to come over here and do some work on our movie theaters.

:lol:

I really don't understand why people go see shit like that though

I watched Ratatouille again, for the third time already. This is seriously one of the greatest animated films I've seen in a long while. Simply awesome.

I finally watched Gummo the other day. Simply blew me away... as if I couldn't hold Korine in any higher esteem he goes and uses Sleep and numerous other awesome bands in the soundtrack.
If you have any sort of an open mind towards film, watch this movie.