The Official Movie Thread

Scorpion King 2

I liked this movie. I think the storyline was better than the first Scorpion King. If this movie would of had the same funding it could have been much better. The visuals were fair.

Is this the same Scorpion King from the Mummy series?

And for anybody that cares, I am writing a paper on Aguirre, the Wrath of God.

It is difficult for me to find a movie that is really worth watching. But I must see 'Requiem For a Dream' again asap, I really enjoyed that.

It is difficult for me to find a movie that is really worth watching. But I must see 'Requiem For a Dream' again asap, I really enjoyed that.

I was disapointed with it and found it really average. I really liked Jennifer Connely though because she's mindblowingly hawt and sexay:)

honestly rly average movie

Have you seen the older version of Batman with Nicholson as The Joker? He just had more charisma than Ledger. I found with Ledger's performance he was trying too hard to act like a fucked up anti-hero. It came naturally to Nicholson.

You have to understand that there are two primary interpretations of the Joker in actual Batman lore. We have the silly lol criminal who most people are familiar with, who is zany and wild but not all that threatening or dangerous, and then we have the ultra-fucked up, deranged, homicidal, sociopath mass murderer joker who kills children and does what he does for the shear joy of it. The first Joker I mentioned is not all together very interesting, but the second joker is badass and that is why regardless of who played the character, the more fucked up interpretation of Joker will always be cooler. I am sure Krig can back me up on this.

You have to understand that there are two primary interpretations of the Joker in actual Batman lore. We have the silly lol criminal who most people are familiar with, who is zany and wild but not all that threatening or dangerous, and then we have the ultra-fucked up, deranged, homicidal, sociopath mass murderer joker who kills children and does what he does for the shear joy of it. The first Joker I mentioned is not all together very interesting, but the second joker is badass and that is why regardless of who played the character, the more fucked up interpretation of Joker will always be cooler. I am sure Krig can back me up on this.

Ok, I agree that it is really 2 different characters... but that still doesn't make up for how the movie was just not good (imo). The original batman movie dirceted by Tim Burton was just better. The screenplay was better, and the actors were better (with maybe the exception of Nicholson and Ledger in lieu of the Joker debate).

I liked Jennifer Connely in Dark Water. A really cool and gloomy thriller. I generally just like the actress. She's got this magnetic screen presence. I can say the same thing about Juliette Lewis and Angela Bettis.

Well, it was definitely drawing inspiration from the Ring but I thouight it was much better than the American remakes of that movie
which were utterly dreadful.

Sukiyaki Western Django - Latest Miike film to hit DVD. This one I should have watched with subs on. Even though they are speaking English, their accents are way hard to understand. It wasn't bad.

Dark City - Pretty good sci-fi flick. Interesting premise and decent special effects.

Hellboy II - Visually stunning movie. Del Toro has one of the greatest imaginations out there and I look forward to The Hobbitt. The plot left me feeling a little empty but it's a popcorn flick so I have to turn off my inner critic and enjoy.
Hellboy II was ok, the look was fucking badass.
Hobbit :kickass: :kickass:

Scorpion King 2

I liked this movie. I think the storyline was better than the first Scorpion King. If this movie would of had the same funding it could have been much better. The visuals were fair.
I really want to see this movie. Randy Couture!!!
the first movie was terrible, btw.

Have you seen the older version of Batman with Nicholson as The Joker? He just had more charisma than Ledger. I found with Ledger's performance he was trying too hard to act like a fucked up anti-hero. It came naturally to Nicholson.
yes, I've seen Batman plenty of times, and I own it.
goofy Joker is just that, goofy. No one will ever touch the magic that Ledger put into the Joker. It's exactly what I wanted to see in a badguy.
Someone who doesnt give a fuck about anyone. an actual badguy.

++

Dark City - Pretty good sci-fi flick. Interesting premise and decent special effects.
I enjoyed the movie. and I love listening to Luciferion to hear all those quotes. (yes, the music is awesome too)