The Official Movie Thread

Anyone seen Voices Of A Distant Star? Many people say Grave Of The Fireflies is the best Japanese movie but i think this rivals it, in a way they're both similar.

both films are mediocre Hollywood versions of the cinema verite style IMO. Thus, it makes me angry to see former avant-garde techniques coopted by the money making machine that is Hollywood, but on the other hand I cannot say that each film was entirely deplorable, they were entertaining, if only in a 'stupid' way.

I was entertained by how my friend was actually getting frightened during The Blair Witch Project. Unfortunately there weren't really any silent suspenseful parts during which I could make a sudden move and scare him.

I can't imagine how anybody could enjoy The Blair Witch Project except as a source of lulz. The dialogue and acting was so cheesy.

Watched Wall-E tonight. I was worried it was going to be just for the kiddies, but it was really cute, and it didn't overdo it on the message. I liked it quite a bit more than any of the other Pixar movies I've seen.

Now that I think about it, the other movies weren't bad for Hollywood blockbuster fare. I cared way more about those two robots than I did about cars or toys or fish.

Watched Wall-E tonight. I was worried it was going to be just for the kiddies, but it was really cute, and it didn't overdo it on the message. I liked it quite a bit more than any of the other Pixar movies I've seen.
I highly recommend that you check out Ratatouille if you haven't yet. Pixar at their best, imo. One of the most unpretentious and moving animated films that I've seen. I've watched it many times over and it never gets old.

I highly recommend that you check out Ratatouille if you haven't yet. Pixar at their best, imo. One of the most unpretentious and moving animated films that I've seen. I've watched it many times over and it never gets old.

i like nemo, the incredibles and ratatouille all more than wall-e, definitely, but the first 30 or 40 mins are pretty amazing. all of these films have way more depth, beauty and intelligence than any other kid stuff out there now, arguably ever. not so fond of toy story although i respect it, and i neither like or respect cars.

Cars was OK. Toy Story (1 and 2) will always have a place in my heart for being the first movies I watched though. I guess I'll have to check out Wall-E.