The Official Movie Thread

just watched Twilight. the entire theater was filled with squealing, gushing pre-teen girls. i liked the movie though. it was mushy but well done.

no homo

For the Swedes, what do you think of Four Shades Of Brown? I think it's such a genuine piece of art, brilliant and one of the most original movies i've ever seen. The "trick" to reverse the standard movie concept of something dark that turns into something funny; something you first find funny and then you realize how deeply tragic it is, is something i've never heard of before. This scene is representative for the whole movie in a way i think, in the end you feel ashamed for laughing at him, which makes you feel like an asshole. That way the whole story becomes so much stronger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2WhcHeaQOw

its shit

I saw Gran Torino today, which I thought was quite good. Clint Eastwood is such a badass.

I saw Gran Torino today, which I thought was quite good. Clint Eastwood is such a badass.

sometimes hes kind of a gayass, i wish he wouldn't ruin his legacy with trash like million dollar baby. i watched the good the bad and the ugly the other day, and unforgiven, those are where it's fucking at.

i'm assuming i'll hate ben button when it comes out here. not sure about gran torino.

I actually really liked Benjamin Button...it's probably one of David Fincher's strongest films he's made

and of course it's nothing like the story

just finished watching Dragonwars,this is a really entertaining fantasy flick,along the lines of Cloverfield and Kingkong,i'd consider it better than both.Better creature and special effects and just generally more entertaining,based on ancient Japanese mythology,cool film

Gran Torino = amazing. SEE IT.

I thought the acting of the two main Hmong kids (Thao and Sue or whatever) was a little rough around the edges but Eastwood's performance was really good. And the Hmong girl was really hot imo (even though she's only 17 *cue Winger song*)

Wanted - While I can appreciate that this movie didn't take itself seriously, I had pretty much had my fill of fun shooters after seeing Shoot 'Em Up and Doomsday. Wanted had some cool moments in it but it wasn't the earth-shattering cinematic experience I was led to believe it was.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - I'm a big fan of the Apatow comedies and liked this one as well. Good movie with some hilarious and quotable lines.