The Official Movie Thread

I've had the hots for Marisa Tomei ever since I saw My Cousin Vinny, she's just so hawt and cool. In The Bedroom is a great movie.

cover.gif

Today I watched...

Outpost - Had most of the things I wanted in a Nazi Zombie film, and avoided a lot of the crappy horror pitfalls. Still left me rather meh overall, not as great as it could've been. Hopefully Dead Snow will be better as far as Nazi Zombies go, but I doubt either will be nearly as good as Worst Case Scenario would've been had it gotten produced.

Faust - Jan Svankmajer's surrealist interpretation of Faust. Absolutely brilliant visuals (as always with Svankmajer) and a fantastic blending of Stop Motion, Live Action, and Puppetry.

Faust is the only Svankmajer I haven't seen, but everything by him is pretty much gold. Though I do like his shorts better than the full lengths

Yeah, his shorts are pretty hard to top. Though I do believe Faust may be my favorite of his full lengths. Still haven't seen Lunacy, and I think 1 or 2 others that aren't available on US DVD, or at least aren't on netflix or something.

I was pretty impressed with Lunacy. There isn't much stop animation, but it's definitely a Jan Svankmajer film no doubt...very odd and forboding atmosphere. I loved it

Star wars! I saw star wars for the first time 2 weeks ago, and the empire strikes back. Cool movies! I normally don't like sci fi, but these are good movies. The worlds aren't all futuristic so it actually looks like it could have been a long long time ago...

So I watched the Friday The 13th remake of the 1980 classic, and I must say I was impressed, I thought this was going to be entirely shitty but I was wrong. The ending was the best part. They made perfectly clear that Jason never dies :p

Yeah, his shorts are pretty hard to top. Though I do believe Faust may be my favorite of his full lengths. Still haven't seen Lunacy, and I think 1 or 2 others that aren't available on US DVD, or at least aren't on netflix or something.

Svankmajer is genius. Of his full lengths I've only seen Little Otik and his version of Alice, but they're both wonderfully disturbing.

Shit this is creepy, seen this movie Unknown? I've never heard of it actually.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Xfdyzs6_k&feature=related[/ame]