The Official Movie Thread

Who's seen the new Star Trek? I thought it was pretty fantastic. Some parts of the story were a little over-the-top, but whatever.

I liked it. I got really into it and then it just ended. I guess there will be a sequel.

I want to see Inglorious Basterds.

Yeah, I also felt like the story ended rather abruptly. Would have been nice if it had taken a little longer to resolve.

I liked the new Star Trek movie a lot. It had an engaging storyline and good performances that reminded me of who they were supposed to be, but also were unique.

One thing I wished they had done was give a little more about the bad guy. It seemed like his motivation to destroy entire worlds was a little hastily explained. Also Eric Bana is probably the best actor in the movie.

Another thing that I and others have thought is that the movie isn't very Star Trekky. However this really isn't a criticism as the standard model of Star Trek has a lot of people talking about moral dilemmas which works better on TV instead of the movies. Star Trek V can tell you that.

Another thing that I and others have thought is that the movie isn't very Star Trekky. However this really isn't a criticism as the standard model of Star Trek has a lot of people talking about moral dilemmas which works better on TV instead of the movies. Star Trek V can tell you that.

Yeah, this one mainly revolved around Kirk and how awesome he is at everything.

The characters/acting seemed pretty vivid as far as Star Trek goes. I found that a nice change from the average dry/super-serious acting you get in most Star Trek stuff.