The Official Movie Thread

This movie had the potential to be pretty great. The premise was believable enough for a movie, and the scenes of devastation were pretty rad. But they really Hollywooded this one to death. One of the most annoying things was that just about every tense scenario had the people escaping at the very last possible moment, making unrealistic maneuvers like driving cars through falling buildings, jumping RVs over gaps and the like. I can suspend disbelief, but you gotta mix it up a little. If the scenario is played right, it is tense enough without every one of them being last second. There were other problems as well, which I can't remember. It was entertaining, but pretty flawed.

I will watch 2012 when it comes out on Blu but I'll be prepared to be in a bad mood afterward. I hated ID4 and Day After Tomorrow only because of the glaring WTF moments that prevent me from just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

This movie had the potential to be pretty great. The premise was believable enough for a movie, and the scenes of devastation were pretty rad. But they really Hollywooded this one to death. One of the most annoying things was that just about every tense scenario had the people escaping at the very last possible moment, making unrealistic maneuvers like driving cars through falling buildings, jumping RVs over gaps and the like. I can suspend disbelief, but you gotta mix it up a little. If the scenario is played right, it is tense enough without every one of them being last second. There were other problems as well, which I can't remember. It was entertaining, but pretty flawed.

WOW, really? I thought this movie was going to be the next Apocalypse Now. :rolleyes:

Why would even consider watching this movie?

WOW, really? I thought this movie was going to be the next Apocalypse Now. :rolleyes:

Why would even consider watching this movie?

Why shouldn't I? Before seeing it, I hadn't seen it, and it held some appeal for me. Not sure I understand your question.

It was showing, and it was the one which most appealed to my friend. I was also interested, but I would have chosen to go during a matinee.

Speaking of bad movies; how fucking funny was Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood had me crying:lol:he even co-wrote a song for the end credits and he croaks. If skeletons could sing, this is what they would sound like.

What a pretentious piece of shit.(the movie, well maybe eastwood too)