The Official Movie Thread

allright, so I watched Coffee and Cigarettes. A couple of the scenes were pretty meh, but overall I thought it was really quite well done,especially how the different scenes carried the same ideas etc. nothing great but nothing bad either

Though I've never been a big fan of any of the actors here...DEATH AT A FUNERAL LOOKS damn funny!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited about seeing Until The Light Takes Us...have to wait til friday though :S

BTW for all you eastcoast people that have seen it, was it any good?

I saw it at the Sunshine Cinema in the lower east side.

If you know anything about the whole Varg Vikernes saga, you really don’t have to see this movie because it rehashes the same old shit over and over.

Tries hard to be artsy, which gets nauseating when they don’t have a steadicam. Soundtrack is weak too, very little BM actually used in the film.

If you read Lords of Chaos I think ya got the point.

Just came back from seeing Until The Light Takes Us

Everyone who's commented on it so far has been very spot-on in most aspects..if you know the history of the Norwegian BM scene you'll know most of the stuff told in the movie..although I didn't know about Varg's attacks on the local McDonald's :D

Other than that, it was very poorly made, which is what most people refer to as trying to be "artsy", but it really just was poor cinematography..the terrible handy-cam shots and the all-over-the-place narrative really just sucked.

Having said that, I really enjoyed watching it nonetheless, and the lack of BM music didn't bother me at all because it wouldn't fit in most scenes anyway..the scene where Fenriz is in the art exhibit is a prime example