The Official Movie Thread

Why shouldn't I? Before seeing it, I hadn't seen it, and it held some appeal for me. Not sure I understand your question.

It was showing, and it was the one which most appealed to my friend. I was also interested, but I would have chosen to go during a matinee.

Just the idea that Hollywood HAD to capitalize on a primitive superstition. While all of its cretins who believe in it just truly makes me fucking sick.

After 9/11 you would think all this shit would go away, but NO,NO, these assholes. I find it quite insulting.

If anything people should be smart enough to stay away from this type of dreck.

My comment before was less about you and more about,well,that. Sorry if I was being a bit dickie.

I agree with you on this 2012 crap, Jimmy, but Gran Torino was a pretty good movie and I think I would like to hear skeletons sing, thank you.

Speaking of bad movies; how fucking funny was Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood had me crying:lol:he even co-wrote a song for the end credits and he croaks. If skeletons could sing, this is what they would sound like.

What a pretentious piece of shit.(the movie, well maybe eastwood too)
I liked Gran Torino a lot. The kid's acting could've been better but I thought the story was compelling and I liked all the characters.

Yeah, I thought it'd be awesome, but it was severely fucking disappointing.

Same here. For some reason I went into the theater thinking it wasn't going to be a huge cheesy Hollywood bullet-fest, which it ended up being all around. I'm not sure why I had this misconception; but I do know that as soon as the director was credited in the beginning of the film as "MCG" or whatever the fuck he goes by, I began to have doubts.

Speaking of bad movies; how fucking funny was Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood had me crying:lol:he even co-wrote a song for the end credits and he croaks. If skeletons could sing, this is what they would sound like.

What a pretentious piece of shit.(the movie, well maybe eastwood too)

Get off my forum.

getoffmylawn-gran-torino.jpg

Get off my forum.
:heh:

I watched Alone in the Dark last night. I thought the premise was pretty interesting, but the main characters didn't act very well, nor did most of the actors in a situation of life and death with monsters from another world. The only actor who convinced me he was scared was a minor character who died quickly. Nonetheless, I found it enjoyable (mostly because of the action sequences and the CGI), but probably won't watch it again for a long time.

Excited about seeing Until The Light Takes Us...have to wait til friday though :S

BTW for all you eastcoast people that have seen it, was it any good?