The Official Movie Thread

Watched only the first hour of Inglorious Basterds over the weekend because I started falling asleep. I don't have the ambition to watch the rest of it because the first hour was so terribly boring.

I'm not really into Quentin Tarantion. His films irritate me for some reason. Might be because Samuel L. Jackson is in nearly all of them, and I find him pretty annoying:lol:

I did like Jackie Brown though
Haven't seen Inglorious Basterds yet.

The best miyazaki animations are Laputa Castle in the Sky, The Castle of Cagliostro, Future Boy Conan and Princess Mononoke. The Nuasucaä manga tops all of them though I think, but it doesn't belong here. :p
Never cared for his stuff like Totoro or Spirit Away, too surealistic and random for my taste.

I like surrealism, so those are just fine with me.

Actually, I'm in the middle of watching Future Boy Conan only just now (and that might not belong in this thread either, since it's a series and not a movie, but whatever). I started it years ago and derailed at some point, but I've been a lot more interested in finally seeing it for a few years now, and I'm finally getting around to it. It's really, really great and now I can see where something like Now and Then, Here and There got a few ideas (as it's basically a brutally nihilistic revision of FBC).

The guys creating the Final Fantasy games has probably watched a whole lot of Future Boy Conan too, especially when they made FFVI.

Watched the new(er) Rambo the other night. Possibly the worst modern action movie ever.
No way. The final half hour is incredibly entertaining. I'm not sure how you can't enjoy the way he chunks all those gooks with the 50 cal. I will overlook that the extreme glorification of violence is at odds with the message of the film.

watched a two and a half hour bio on Stanley Kubrick tonight. it was really good, well done and pretty in depth. I already had an immense appreciation for his work, and this made me appreciate the man even more. it was also interesting to learn about the projects he wanted to do/started but had to abandon at some point (biopic on Napoleon and a Schindler's List type film)

very good stuff

I think it could be good for a video game movie if they indeed stuck with actual martial artists. Who knows though.

Talking about video game movies, did any of you'll see the Chun Li spin off? Was quite lame for most of the part and the story was distorted :(

I just realized that Gerry is actually one of my all time favorite movies.

Also Casey Affleck is so much better than his brother;Bens a tit. Casey actually has skills+ doesnt look/act like hes stuck in the 90's.