The Official Movie Thread

I've liked pretty much everything with Daniel Craig. Layer Cake being his best, and one of the best british gangster films in my opinion.

Watched a gorgeous and really emotional movie last night called Departures. It's a Japanese movie about this guy who thought he was supposed to be a cellist, but then the orchestra dissolves, so he has to find a new job. He responds to an ad in the paper thinking it's a travel agency; it's a funeral directing company. Suffice to say the movie deals a lot with how people and the Japanese in particular view death and react towards it. really interesting.

^You should go on Joblo Movie Club unknown. Lot of cool people over there. For big movie geeks like you. I post over there. Here are the cool people over there.

Badbird

bigred760

horrorfreak13

john_rambo

Unkown: Departures is such a beautiful movie, I loved it as well. The subject matter and the way the movie was made came as quite a surprise to me, I never expected it to unfold like that and with such beauty.

I saw Departures a few months ago. I vividly recall eating semlor while watching it, delicious semlor baked by my mother. It was a good day.

I thought the movie would be right up my alley. I love japanese cinema, I love drama, and the poster had a guy playing cello on it. Now, it wasn't bad, and it wasn't boring, but it wasn't great. It just didn't resonate with me... at all. I found these people's feelings toward death silly. Not a movie I regret watching, but still a disappointment.

awesome movie, awesome director..my favorite movie is The Thing, but he's got about 7-8 movies that are a must-watch..check out Prince of Darkness next man

awesome movie, awesome director..my favorite movie is The Thing, but he's got about 7-8 movies that are a must-watch..
I agree about everything.

check out Prince of Darkness next man

I have seen Prince Of Darkness many years ago and I thought it was awesome. I should see it now to say an opinion of mine, but I think John Carpenter will not disappoint me.

Trouble Man was very meh besides the scenes that Mr T kick everybody ass. 5/10 for me. I will post the entire movie here.

The music was cool and like the ending too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like stuff with lots of action and over kill. When my friend showed me "The Killer" I was simply amazed. It was all in subtitles though, but I think I'd prefer subtitles over terrible dubbing(?) or whatever its called.

I saw not even half of Edge of Darkness before I decided to just stop watching. It was the fourth movie I had watched that day and I couldn't even follow along so I called it quits.