The Official Movie Thread

Panic Room is loathsome as is Alien 3(though I will say he really did try with Alien 3).

You hyperbolize. Panic Room may not have been the best film of the year or anything, but it was a decent, taut thriller.

Alien 3 was his debut feature-length, so that earns him some handicap points. In my opinion, it was a worthy initial effort.

You hyperbolize. Panic Room may not have been the best film of the year or anything, but it was a decent, taut thriller.

I never hyperbolize. That film shouldn't even be in your list of Top 1000 taut thrillers.

You wanna watch a decent thriller, check out Southern Comfort or Dead Of Winter; and then tell me that Panic Room is decent. IMO, Panic Room is just about everything that is wrong with thrillers nowadays.

That's Scorcese being wacky(I'll take that schlock over Shutter Island any day though). Never you mind it. Griffin Dunne is great though.

You wanna see him in a great performance? Check out Warning: Parental Advisory where he plays a super cynical Frank Zappa. It was produced by MTV; but seriously it's a very entertaining watch.

I really want to see Social Network again, I fucking loved it. It was so calm yet dramatic. Except I hate Aaron Sorkin he's a cock. I don't like his face.

Gonna head out and see Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps, I know it'll suck shit but A) Wall Street was awesome B) Love Michael Douglas C) Bored

I never hyperbolize. That film shouldn't even be in your list of Top 1000 taut thrillers.

You wanna watch a decent thriller, check out Southern Comfort or Dead Of Winter; and then tell me that Panic Room is decent. IMO, Panic Room is just about everything that is wrong with thrillers nowadays.

IMO, Panic Room is miles beyond most tripe that gets produced in Hollywood.

I watched Event Horizon tonight for the first time in a few years. I bought it on blu-ray. Overall, I still enjoy it, but it could definitely be a lot better. The Solaris meets Hellraiser idea still tickles my fancy, but the film, overall, feels way too rushed. There's no time to really develop a brooding tension. It's just BAM HELL. and instead succumbs a lot to typical horror gags (loud noises, people popping up out of nowhere...)

Just saw Get Him To The Greek. It was pretty mindless entertainment with some lol moments. Not bad but I was happy with it on a Sunday night with some beers & pizza.

First half is brilliant; the second half, not so much.

Still haven't seen Benjamin Button.

Panic Room is loathsome as is Alien 3(though I will say he really did try with Alien 3).

Seven and Zodiac are still his two best.

I like Fight Club the least of all.

Why is Fight Club your least favotite? Besides Seven and Social Network that my next favorite of his.

I watched Trick or Treat recently, the 80's film. I hadn't seen this before but it's a very cool and fun film!

Last edited by a moderator: