The Official Movie Thread

Let Me In was a great, true-to-the-original (Let The Right One In; Swedish film) suspense/thriller/mild-horror flick. I liked it a lot. Also, it's like what would happen if Twilight weren't fucking gay. Awesome directing, too. Love the fridge horror of turning a sweet, romantic moment into something pretty disturbing; perfect shots.

I can understand where Fight Club could be viewed as being pretentious...the whole idea of personal empowerment and the idea of destroying oneself (and the credit agencies) as a way to "free" yourself

I thought that would be up Prismatic's alley

I am genuinely very surprised to see positive reviews of Let Me In. I am not saying I did not like it, as I have not seen it, but the original is so damn good and the trailers for the remake looked sketchy. I guess I am gonna have to check it out.

I can understand where Fight Club could be viewed as being pretentious...the whole idea of personal empowerment and the idea of destroying oneself (and the credit agencies) as a way to "free" yourself

I thought that would be up Prismatic's alley

Just wait til' you see Atlas Shrugged finally on the silver screen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSpC6euz0XA&feature=related[/ame]

Fight Club and The Matrix both belong to the same category of pretentious fluff that everyone else thinks is cool but I do not.

Wow, you hate something everyone else likes; How - Fucking - Original.

In other news not involving real pretentious bores, I recently watched I Heart Huckabees, a funny philosophical existential quirky piece:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0vr1n25u4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Me In was a great, true-to-the-original (Let The Right One In; Swedish film) suspense/thriller/mild-horror flick. I liked it a lot. Also, it's like what would happen if Twilight weren't fucking gay. Awesome directing, too. Love the fridge horror of turning a sweet, romantic moment into something pretty disturbing; perfect shots.

WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I hate to disagree (somewhat) and sound pretentious, but I think the original was better. I hated how they had this massive transformation between her as looking human vs her being a vampire (the original did no such thing), the CG movements during her attacks looked rather weak. More importantly though, I think the way she hopped off the walls like a damn frog actually detracted from showing how inhuman she was. The only other thing I didn't like was the hospital scene with the woman transforming. Why the hell would a turned vampire drink her own blood? Seriously?

I will definitely admit that off the top of my head it is the best remake I have seen so far. A lot of scenes were good duplicates, and the actors that I hated in the original (the group of boys) garnered even more hate from me this time around.

^Agreed with that review. But the film still gets a 91 from me and is a film that every Twilight fanboy/fangirl should see to knock that teen-melodrama-posing-as-a-vampire-film love out of their ass.

Check out the deleted scene. Quite interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MsIR935k-o&feature=related[/ame]

See folks, this always happens when you say you don't like something that's en vogue. Some asshole ends up in desperate need of a tampon.

Or.... or. Or maybe The Matrix is a cool concept that was brought to film not perfectly, but well enough to not ruin the concept.

First time I saw it I had no idea what "the Matrix" was, as defined by the film. It was a totally cool mind trip. I got that stupid grin more than once.

Cool movie.