The Official Movie Thread

True Grit was excellent

I enjoyed it, though sometimes it was too coy and didn't seem like it knew what it wanted to be; lighthearted comedy or serious, sobering drama? It seemed to have a bit of both but not enough in either direction to really do much beyond make a very cool movie. Guess I shouldn't expect that much, maybe...but anyway, I laughed at a lot of the dialogue, the Coen Bros. definitely took the screenplay and went with it to its logical extent.

True Grit - Liked it. Wish there had been more action and the pacing seemed jagged at times, which sometimes confused me as to the purpose of a scene besides another great Cogburn soliloquy. Fantastic acting as usual but the tension in the end wasn't near what I'd hoped.

The Expendables - The movie itself was as advertised: an ocean of testosterone, rivers of blood, and it rained bullets. I expected nothing else but why, with the budget they had, do the CGI blood? Also, the fight scenes. I don't think any of them went more than a second without cutting. I don't know if this editing turbulence is supposed to add tension or what, but I find it hard to follow the fight and mentally give up on it until the kill shot. This isn't new but I found it particularly annoying in this one. I'm sure Jet Li can pull off a three-kick combo without having 6 cuts.

Scott-Pilgrim-vs-the-World-poster.jpg

I expected it to be some overhyped garbage, but it was real good. Well, not suprising when you look whos behind the movie. Highly anime influenced geek videogame comedy with many cool ideas. I laught.

cradle_will_fall_dvd.jpg

A very intense and thrilling horror flick. To think thats its based on a true story is disturbing. I also loved how they put the christianity as one of the reasons she went mental. Poor kids.

probably watched over 9000 movies winter break...some that i recall

the first two dirty harry's, fucking badass. Love Clint Eastwood to death

Tron: was awesome, I really really really just enjoyed watching it, the colors and dark atmosphere was very cool. hopefully they put out a sequel, but i'm not sure considering the box office numbers

Little Fockers: surprisingly one of the funniest movies i've seen in a long time, all star cast, hilarious and raunchy jokes.

Syriana: I did not get this movie at all...I hate convoluted stories with a lot of different plots that come together in the end for some lame anti-climatic ending...like Bobby. not sure why George got the award, he barely did shit. his work in The American last year was epic though

Chinatown: Classic, loved it.

25th Hour: Another great Spike film, Edward Norton is so awesome. The FUCK YOU monologue was outstanding, same with the monologue by the dad in the end. the scene where barry pepper beat up ed was really emotional

The Human Centipede: Finally got this one through redbox...so stupid but amazing. not as gory/disturbing as i thought it would get. but they did a great job, small cast, small budget, good execution. can't wait for second sequence :D

The Millennium Trilogy (The Girl With the...etc): Really really enjoyed the first one, dark and brooding. the second was probably my least favorite, didn't get the plot to much. i didn't quite understand the connections between all the "bad people" and why it mattered. third was better and ended it all well but still the first was the best. a true crime thriller. i can't imagine the american versions being better though, theres no way they will go as dark as the swedish versions

A-Serbian-Film-2010-720p-BluRay-x264-TiTANS.jpg

A Serbian Film (blu-ray) - 8/10, Just finished watching the "cut" UK version of the film and it worked out I think. They mostly cut out the "pedophilia" and the scenes involving children. The rest was shown for most parts. Still ugly, brutal and great. Pick it up if you want a good MINDFUCK!