The Official Movie Thread

Fantastic? Wow, it was honestly trashy and hollywoody. Tried to make it a scary/thriller and that wasn't the part of it at all, wasn't very good at all

The thing I mainly did not like between Abby and the man was all of the yelling and banging around, which would surely draw attention.

True, but in an apartment complex like that, minding one's own business is a science.

Fantastic? Wow, it was honestly trashy and hollywoody. Tried to make it a scary/thriller and that wasn't the part of it at all, wasn't very good at all

:lol: It figures you would think that.

Scrapbook - Weak. Gotta credit the female actress for doing the best with what she had to work with (plus her fine rack). I've never seen a big 'hillbilly' get light slapped to death. A room full of weapons and no way to get out?? Stupid.

I liked this movie.

I really enjoyed Let Me In and thought it was fantastic. I also liked the "got your attention" intro because it messed with the plot, making it non-linear, which I appreciated. I also thought the development of the relationship between the girl and the man was great, and the relationship between the girl and boy, while lacking some of that "awkward innocence," had more of an uncanny maturity to it that I thought was a nice complement to the original; like another way to envision how children interact.

@Mike: I agree that Chloe Moretz might be all kinds of fucked up, but I'll pull a Mort and say that she'll be fucked up and hot.

Never liked Hollywood's penchant to make remakes.

Samaritan Girl - Love Kim Ki Duk as a director and true to his form, he delivers another satisfying film. I didn't like it as much as some of his others, but it still gives you something to think about.

Ong Bak 3 - Ahh how the mighty have fallen. We get more flashbacks than an entire season of Lost, extended scenes of Tony dancing and meditating, and a main bad guy that often looks more like a gay Dutch boy selling frikadellen at the base of a dike. Here he tries the 'wise old sage' approach, complete with a cheesy fake beard. While there are a couple of short slap-fights, he doesn't actually go hog shit until the movie is nearly through. It's a good fight, but he used elephants as fight props in the last one. Thankfully, Tony is actually a fighter so the camera can actually linger for a few seconds in a fight rather than the seizure-inducing quick chops Hollywood likes to use now. Production quality is high as well. I also found the end song a bit funny as it makes you feel like you've been on this fast-paced roller coaster ride but then you realize it's more like being jostled awake from a nap by someone setting off a firecracker in a trash can.

just watched...
220px-Street_KingsMP08.jpg

Winter's Bone - Liked this one quite a bit. Great acting. I liked the atmosphere and the characters made the family in Deliverance look like The Brady Bunch. Loved how everything was subtle as well. I think I would have been bummed to see a large action set piece mashed in.

am I the only person who thought Winter's Bone was mediocre? I mean yeah it's decent at best, and the girl who played the lead was great, but other than that I couldn't really get into the movie that much.

I really enjoyed Let Me In and thought it was fantastic. I also liked the "got your attention" intro because it messed with the plot, making it non-linear, which I appreciated. I also thought the development of the relationship between the girl and the man was great, and the relationship between the girl and boy, while lacking some of that "awkward innocence," had more of an uncanny maturity to it that I thought was a nice complement to the original; like another way to envision how children interact.

@Mike: I agree that Chloe Moretz might be all kinds of fucked up, but I'll pull a Mort and say that she'll be fucked up and hot.

Agree with whole post.

Anyone see Sucker Punch? Despite being completely unsubtle, over-the-top and totally misunderstanding the plight of suffering, victimized women, I thought it was fucking awesome and good proof that Snyder doesn't give a fucking shit.