The Official Movie Thread

tumblr_lt6w1jylH21qafrh6.gif

Saw this trailer at the cinema today. I had no idea Park Chan-Wook was directing a western film. Seriously hyped for this now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is. My fav quote - Love is as contagious as a cold. It eats away at your strength, morale... If everything is imperfect in this world, love is perfect in its imperfection.

I think Zizek says something like this about Love as well.

The Pool - Indian film. Like it quite a bit. Good dialogue and ending.

Zu Warriors - Not sure what the fuck. Something about Heaven Sword and flying gods and exploding rainbows and some evil boss made of rubbery-looking CGI skulls and shit. I couldn't keep up with the choppy plot and within 30 minutes found myself not caring either way. Just went into the kitchen and made apple chutney and let the last half hour play out.

Barking Dogs Never Bite - Was okay. I expected much more from a Korean black comedy. A few funny scenes but overall kind of a let down.

El dia de la Bestia(The Day of the Beast) - Spanish black comedy about priest and a metalhead who has to summon Satan to stop the apocalypse. Good, cheesy stuff, but it kind of falls apart at the end.

fight club, Dr. Stranglove, Das Boot, alien, the grey, ravenous, Watchmen, Jaws, American Gangster, Mongol, Serenity, Dogma, The Seven Samurai, Fear and Loathing, The Usual Suspects, City of God, The Matrix, Snatch, Big Trouble In Little China, Festen, Unforgiven, Galaxy Quest, Kung Fu Hustle, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Thank You For Smoking, Papillon, Waking the Dead (Jennifer Connelly), Monsters Inc., Tropic Thunder, Braveheart, The Men Who Stare at Goats, Terminator, Leon, Escape From New York, Life of Brian, Ruthless People, The Exorcist, The Fisher King, Catch-22, Barfly, Harold And Maude, Ninth Gate, Young Frankenstein, Pi, Heathers, UHF
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

watched The Hunter last night with the missus. Willem Dafoe running around Tasmania hunting the tasmanian tiger and ends up pissing off the locals. Really cool stuff.

also watched Battle Royale today. It was good but not as cool as I hoped it would be