The Official Movie Thread

I'm definitely with you on Aliens, Predator and T2..but not sure after that. I might put a Van Damme flick on there like Lionheart

Yeah I saw that a while back. Has the chick from Ginger Snaps in it. Interesting, but not very good. Excision is somewhat similar but better.

I saw 20000 Days On Earth featuring the great Nick Cave at the Brattle Theater a couple days ago. Really cool insight for the dedicated Cave fan.

Cheers. Yeah, it took a couple of viewings for me to really warm up to The Grand Budapest Hotel, but I would say it's the best thing he's done since Tenenbaums. I unfortunately fell asleep right at the beginning of Mister John a couple of months ago; definitely need to remedy that. As far as the others go, I've obtained them in different ways and plan on getting to them within the next couple of weeks.

And yeah, get that "top 50 of the decade" list done, motherfucker. I know I'm far from the only one that awaits your RYM lists with bated breath.

i have 13 lists published and ummmm.... 92 unfinished. I HAVE COMMITMENT PROBLEMS OK

let me know what you think of any/all of the above!

I still need to get to what you recommended. I've been lazy with my viewing the past couple of weeks.

I've been looking forward to Maps to the Stars for a bit now, and finally got around to watching it three times. I sincerely can't figure out if I love it or hate it, but I know it's one or the other. I'm curious what you have to say about it.

5ydydu.jpg

top 5 most entertaining movies

Dr Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.
fight club
Apocalypse Now
Snatch
The Exorcist
and
Seven Samurai or Lawrence of Arabia or Young Frankenstein
And for those who haven't seen it yet: The Usual Suspects