The Official Movie Thread

I thought Sicario was great, primarily for the decentered nature of its plotting. You think you know what you're getting into, but then the film swerves. It leaves you feeling somewhat displaced as a viewer, which I think helps to empathize with some of the characters.

Some horror movies I came across on Blu-ray and picked up recently.
759d3b6982c3b34ef52e4a294762b166.jpg

138339_medium.jpg

138340_medium.jpg

^^Love those Empire Pictures films(Troll,Pumpkinhead etc),I got a sick collection cheaply from Amazon just the other week called Scream Factory All Night Horror Marathon, Vol. 2 (Cellar Dweller, Catacombs, The Dungeonmaster & Contamination 7) Mainly bought it for Dungeonmaster which features Blackie Lawless and has a scene with W.A.S.P. performing Tormentor live.Sick movie and a great collection in general and I'm pretty sure it's the first time it's been put out on DVD.

^^Love those Empire Pictures films(Troll,Pumpkinhead etc),I got a sick collection cheaply from Amazon just the other week called Scream Factory All Night Horror Marathon, Vol. 2 (Cellar Dweller, Catacombs, The Dungeonmaster & Contamination 7) Mainly bought it for Dungeonmaster which features Blackie Lawless and has a scene with W.A.S.P. performing Tormentor live.Sick movie and a great collection in general and I'm pretty sure it's the first time it's been put out on DVD.
Cellar Dweller is a really fun little creature feature. I really like the films I've seen from John Carl Buechler. Celler Dweller, the original Troll, the supremely retarded yet absurdly entertaining Ghoulies III and Friday the 13th 7. The one with the hot telekinetic chick.

Cellar Dweller is a really fun little creature feature. I really like the films I've seen from John Carl Buechler. Celler Dweller, the original Troll, the supremely retarded yet absurdly entertaining Ghoulies III and Friday the 13th 7. The one with the hot telekinetic chick.

Yes! I loved being a kid in the 80s and watching these films! Castle Freak is another really good one with creature effects from John Carl Buechler.

cage being insane IS the film, which is exactly why i like it haha. i'd actually prefer that remakes go in that kind of utterly retarded direction rather than just safely aping the original 'cept the characters have cellphones and more in-depth back story.

the ultimate nick cage going insane movie is VAMPIRE'S KISS though. everyone needs to watch that once, it is truly preposterous.

and yeah rms, i was thinking of adding a qualifier about it not being archetypal horror but, let's face it, you could say that about most of the best horror movies, at least from my perspective. i've never given much of a shit about jump scares or gore or the supernatural etc in themselves, it's the psychological/emotional (and sometimes aesthetic) component that interests me. THE FLY isn't 'scary' but i've seen few things more horrifying.