The Official Movie Thread

5eXuEA2.jpg

Just finished Cobb, good movie about a writer trying to make an autobiography of Ty Cobbs one of the best baseball players ever to live, only to find out that Cobbs is a physcopath who only cares about his story being made legend disregarding truth.

I got back from seeing Sicario. It was good. I did not know anything about this movie prior to going, but I was surprised by the the cast. Benicio del Toro,Josh Brolin, dude from The Walking Dead and Burn Notice. Emily Blunt. I'm not really familiar with her.

Jealousy (Vicente Aranda, 1999) - Smoldering Spanish erotic thriller that suddenly becomes a riveting mystery. Along with my love for surreal oddities, this is the other type of cinema I live for. Obsessive characters, twisted relationships, pessimistic outlooks on the idea of "love", ect... Shows how fragile us humans can be in regards to such matters. The late, very great Aranda was a master of this type of stuff (he also helmed one of the greatest Spanish horror films of the 70's, The Blood Splattered Bride). Torrid, dark and sexy as fuck (the lead actress is especially amazing). In other words, perfect.

saw this on netflix. acting is meh but i stayed for the music. beautiful. made me wanna look for more classical violin/orchestra/opera stuff

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTEb3RsN4jw[/ame]

Great movie if you have never seen it. I tend to like most movies based on Stephen King, he always has a small role in the movies also. After I would go with Sleepwalkers and Pet Sematary(first two). I actually prefere the second one.

Thinner.jpg

it's quite amazing, can't remember if i'd classify it as horror or not though.

It's deff a horror movie, but newer horror movies nowadays are a lot different. Not that I am a horror expert. I'm kinda stuck in the 80's and 90's, but I have been coming across a lot of really old horror movie DVD compilations. Where there is a bunch of movies on a few disks and stuff.

Into the Mouth of Madness 7/10 Pretty good meta horror. I bet like a Steven King adaptation crossed with The Cabin in the Woods (before that came out obviously). Brilliant cast.

Star Wars: Threads of Destiny 7/10 it's actually really good fun if you accept it for being as cheap a production as it is

The Martian 6/10 Highly unoriginal. Moon (2009) is a far more interesting film, as is Outland for that matter. Pretty boring in parts too. Meh. It's like a cross between Silent Running and Armageddon and either Moon or Outland. We've seen this all before.

Into the Mouth of Madness 7/10 Pretty good meta horror. I bet like a Steven King adaptation crossed with The Cabin in the Woods (before that came out obviously). Brilliant cast.
My favorite Carpenter film. There's no excuse for it being as under seen as it seems to be. I've always seen it as Carpenter channeling Lovecraft by way of Stephen King and David Lynch. Genuinely terrifying in spots. Once Neill and Carmen enter Hobb's End the atmosphere is incredible.

Death Delirium said:
Great movie if you have never seen it. I tend to like most movies based on Stephen King, he always has a small role in the movies also. After I would go with Sleepwalkers and Pet Sematary(first two). I actually prefere the second one.

Thinner.jpg
I really like Thinner too. I haven't read the book but just going by the plotline it seemed to be a strange choice for a King adaptation. Really unique concept and the make up work showing the various stages of Burke's increasing weight loss is great. I especially loved the fuck you ending. Very Tales From the Crypt. Solid cast too.

I rented Sleepwalkers years ago and vaguely remember bits of it. The one thing that never left my mind from that film was Mädchen Amick dancing while cleaning up the movie theatre :cool:

My favorite Carpenter film. There's no excuse for it being as under seen as it seems to be. I've always seen it as Carpenter channeling Lovecraft by way of Stephen King and David Lynch. Genuinely terrifying in spots. Once Neill and Carmen enter Hobb's End the atmosphere is incredible.

I love the shot just after they cross the bridge and Neill wakes up; she looks at him and says: "You drive."

I don't know why, but I've always thought that she delivers that line so perfectly... and sexy.

edit: Not sure if this is legit now..

http://nbc.com.co/the-big-lebowski-2-announced-filming-begins-january-2016/

Hollywood, CA — Exciting news for Big Lebowski fans around the world as a sequel to the cult classic has just been announced.

Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, directors of the first Lebowski movie, confirmed with NBC News they will both be returning to direct the sequel.

“We’re thrilled to be coming back to film a second part to this classic movie,” Ethan Coen said. “For years we’ve been staying away from doing this project but when we received this new script and the cast fell into place, it was a no-brainer. We just had to do it.”

Gage Luce, who helped write the new script, spoke with CNN to shed light on the plot behind the highly anticipated sequel.

“Now 18 years later, Maude Lewbowski (played by Julianne Moore) informs The Dude (Jeff Bridges) that they conceived a son together and that he has been kidnapped. The Dude teams up with his estranged brother, played by actor Bill Murray, and fellow bowling partner Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) to track down the child’s whereabouts. Just like the first movie, there’s guaranteed to be plenty of beers, bowling, and laughs.”

At his home in Charleston, South Carolina, Murray told reporters he is excited to play a main character in the upcoming Lebowski sequel.

“I always loved the first movie, so when the Coen brothers offered me the role of The Dude’s long lost brother, I couldn’t say no,” Murray said. “I’ve been fortunate enough to read the entire screenplay and I can say without a doubt, old and new fans are going be in for a real treat.” Murray continued, “I’m embarrassed to say that I thought I was working with the Coen brothers when I voiced the Garfield movie back in 2004, but that turned out to be Joel Cohen and not Joel Coen. At least I know I’m working with the right Coen brothers this time.”

Film critic Andrea Engelsberg with the New York Times says this movie should be huge.

“I’m so thrilled this project is finally happening. With a movie by the extremely talented Ethan Coen and Joel Coen you just can’t go wrong. This is definitely at the top of my list for most anticipated upcoming movies.”

Accompanying the trio on their journey to find the missing teen is Jesus Quintana, played by John Turturro, who stole the show in the original movie and for comedic relief, a Christian anti-masturbation group’s mascot named Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin, played by newcomer 36-year-old Paul Horner from Phoenix, Arizona.

“I’m not familiar with the first movie, honestly if it’s not in the Bible I probably haven’t heard about it,” Horner told Entertainment Tonight. “A couple months ago, Lonnie Childs, president of Stop Masturbation Now, contacted me and asked if I wanted to be in one of those talking pictures on the big screen. I told him yes, just as long as it had no self rape or homogayness in it. He assured me it didn’t, so I said, sure, why not!” Horner continued, “I think this is a perfect platform to help spread awareness about the dangers and consequences of masturbation. This is going to be so much fun! Praise Lonnie Childs! Praise Fappy!”

Gwen Hawkins, a film critic with The Guardian, says a Lebowski sequel is a terrible idea.

“Why ruin a good thing?” Hawkins said. “While the Coen brothers have proven competent in bringing remakes to the screen with material like “True Grit,” their attempt to rejuvenate a cult-classic like The Big Lebowski is more of a gutter-ball than good comedy. The hijinks from the original, the random plots, the bowling, the psychedelic trips, will feel tired and derivative when injected into this upcoming sequel. We’ve come to expect great things from the Coen brothers, but I just can’t see this being one of them.”

Regardless of what the critics have to say, fans are sure to make this one of the must-see movies of the year. The Big Lebowski 2 has a scheduled release date for the Spring of 2017.

FFFUUUUUUUUU

This is pretty amazing for a $6000 production:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d40IDc3rQfU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d40IDc3rQfU[/ame]

Anna Karenina (1997) 7/10 Good stuff, haven't read the book to compare it to that, or any of the other film adaptations.

Underworld (2003) This was quite good I thought. The action wasn't always right though, the costumes for the difference sides needed to be more different, not just all black, in the dark etc, it makes the shoot outs annoying. The story is quite good I think. 7/10

ehhh a big lebowski sequel would be lame. they must need money if that's true. i'm assuming troll (especially now i actually read the article) but nothing would surprise me nowadays lol.

related: god, how i adore the coen brothers.

Ms.45

This was very cool. It basically does right ideas usually done very badly in film. Beats the shit out of the original I Spit on You Grave film, for example. Pretty nasty stuff, but a good movie. 7/10