The Official Movie Thread

Just picked these up on DVD.

t59929ycw5t.jpg

talesseason7.jpg

Just picked these up on DVD.

t59929ycw5t.jpg

talesseason7.jpg

Nice, I remember being a young kid and my parents wouldn't allow me to watch this show. But staying over at my friends house he had a shitty portable black and white tv, my friend went to sleep and I couldn't sleep at all, so I turned on his tv and to my surprise this show was on, I've been a fan ever since.

it's very strange. cormac mccarthy wrote the screenplay. it reminded me a bit of COSMOPOLIS for some reason, certain similarities in terms of theme and knowingly artificial dialogue etc, although i don't love it nearly as much as that. i'm always fascinated by movies that ostensibly seem like they might be generic hollywood shit but just go off in their own completely idiosyncratic direction though.

Watched this..found it good and I think I did hear of this as a hollywood film when it came out and never checked it out. Will have to watch again.

Nice, I remember being a young kid and my parents wouldn't allow me to watch this show. But staying over at my friends house he had a shitty portable black and white tv, my friend went to sleep and I couldn't sleep at all, so I turned on his tv and to my surprise this show was on, I've been a fan ever since.

I have seen the movie Demon Knight a decent amount of times, but I am pretty sure this is my first time seeing the actual series and I am really enjoying it. And am going to end up getting all of this shit on DVD.

^i saw YOU CAN COUNT ON ME today dude, i recommend it. it's a pretty obvious dry run for MARGARET and noticably gentler, less sweeping, more shopworn... but still hits plenty of the same spots. lonergan rules.

Unfortunately, it wasn't. There was no internet at her place for a while, and I spotted it at a local video store. I'm fairly certain it was the 2.5-hour theatrical cut. I know the 3-hour cut is supposed to be much better, which only makes me want to revisit it even more.