The Official Movie Thread

you should also see his bruno s. films, he's just as fascinating a performer in a very different way. many consider STROSZEK to be herzog's best film alongside AGUIRRE.

i enjoy this devil's advocate piece on JURASSIC WORLD. there are some interesting things going on there even if it sucks overall.

Reactions: Onder
Been binging on movies, stuck in my house this weekend.

Finally got around to Vampire's Kiss, my wife and I both love Cage and laughed out loud several times at the sheer obsurdity. In the end I did feel pity for his character though even through what a horrible person he seemed to be. Being alone is scary enough, being alone and losing your mind is terrifying.

Goodnight Mommy was pretty cool too. I guessed the twist early in which might have ruined a bit of the experience for me. Very competent for a newer horror movie though.

And then I revisited my childhood and watched Project: Metalbeast, a shitty b movie about a soldier that steals a werewolves blood and takes it to become a military weapon, only to be shot with silver bullets and cryogenically frozen then brought back to life with an armor plating that makes him look something like a predator hedgehog. Still the most ridiculous thing I can think of the military doing in a movie, still fun. They literally added armor plating to him and removed the silver bullets on a full moon!

you should also see his bruno s. films, he's just as fascinating a performer in a very different way. many consider STROSZEK to be herzog's best film alongside AGUIRRE.

i enjoy this devil's advocate piece on JURASSIC WORLD. there are some interesting things going on there even if it sucks overall.

Man, I feel like he really leaped to believe that. Then his comment about gender politics is just as out there. Why would this guy playing on the idea of blockbusters be signed on for another one?

it's obviously totally overboard but that movie *is* pretty meta imo, and that's the sole interesting thing about it really aside from the occasional nostalgia rush. i'd much rather read something like that than the hundredth review telling me the obvious, anyways.

it's obviously totally overboard but that movie *is* pretty meta imo, and that's the sole interesting thing about it really aside from the occasional nostalgia rush. i'd much rather read something like that than the hundredth review telling me the obvious, anyways.

The whole secretary theory is kind of out there. Feel the same way about your Springbreakers perception too

The whole secretary theory is kind of out there. Feel the same way about your Springbreakers perception too

i agree, especially the 'evokes waterboarding' part lol. i wasn't endorsing everything he says in the review, which should be obvious from how he gave it 5 stars and i think it largely sucks.

that's a pretty sweeping statement, which part of the SPRING BREAKERS perception?

Isn't your argument that Spring Breakers a play on the MTV culture? I watched it a couple weeks ago, didn't seem to cement the "MTV" culture enough, imo

well i can't remember if i used the term 'mtv culture', but the movie is literally about a bunch of teen bimbos who idealise spring break and black gangster culture and sing britney spears etc, so yea

Reactions: CiG
image.jpeg Watched 'Bones Brigade - An Autobiography' again last night and this has gotta be my favourite doco/movie I think. I get so nostalgic seeing the old footage of 'Future Primitive' and 'Animal Chin' and can instantly remember how incredible it was to see those films in the 80's with a group of your skateboard mates of a Saturday, and how awesome it was to see these guys skate on film back then. Rodney Mullen's story especially and hearing him speak is one of inspiring and moving things I've seen on tv, I had no idea of the kind of mental abuse he suffered at home. Watching those old skating films back then ppl only saw his talent and had no idea but it make's sense because there's always been something different about that dude...he was almost not human as far as his ability and what he was able to do on a plank of wood with wheels after hearing him speak about how his father treated him I get the feeling guy is a true artist and that skateboarding for him probably kept him out of the mental institute. Fucking great human being.

Last edited: