The Official Movie Thread

Picked up this movie yesterday. I like crime/mob movies and don't think I have seen it before.
MV5BMTc1MzY0MTcyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE3Njk3OA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Good stuff. I could watch the movie once in awile. I try and buy movies I can watch more than one time. If I am really bored and don't know what to do watch Scarface. It never disappoints.

Reactions: CiG
Sad to learn of the passing of pioneering French New Wave director Jacques Rivette this morning. The Nun (1967), L'amour fou (1969), Celine and Julie Go Boating (1976), Merry-Go-Round (1981) and La Belle Noiseuse (1991) are incredible films.

Rivette was also one of the very first to publicly stick up for Showgirls (1995) in a now famous interview where he gave his always entertaining thoughts on a number of films, most hilariously when he shit on Titanic (1997).

Last edited:
Went to see that movie The Boy a few days ago. Can't say I watch modern horror movies and only went because like Lauren Cohan. It was decent.

Went to see Dirty Grandpa last night. It was the most hilarious shit I ever seen. :lol:

Going to see The Room next Saturday on the big screen. Tommy Wiseau himself is going to be in attendance and will be doing a live Q&A afterwards. Should be a fun time. I know he does these things pretty often. Have any of you guys ever been to one?

Saw the Martian. Thought it was pretty good until the accident. So basically the first half of the movie was pretty good and then it went steadily downhill until it ended in eyerollingly bad fashion.

i have read every book in the original goosebumps series multiple times, not to mention watched the show religiously for a time. going to see it next week, can't wait! they better not have butchered my childhood, man.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Man what a trip down memory lane! Goosebumps and Tales from the Crypt were my shows back in the day. The Goosebump books were among my favorite as a kid. I can honestly say The Curse of Camp Cold Lake is still one of my favorite books. I had no idea there was a recent Goosebumps movie!

I'm currently preparing (aka opening a bag of chips) to watch John Carpenter's The Thing. I've been having a really hard time looking for really good and scary horror (especially on Netflix) movies.