The Official Movie Thread

Na_srebrnym_globie_1988_polish_poster.jpg

30 minutes of this was just too damn much. On the Silver Globe
Damn. You never got to see the humanoid bird monsters!

Rogue One looks like shit

Another heroine really?

To make it worse the actress looks wooden as fuck like Hayden Christensen

I'll go see the new star wars films as they come as part of being sociable with my circle of friends but I don't really give a shit about them. That last one was basically half reboot half new film, which was a terrible direction to go with, really.

Just finished watching Tangerine (it's on netflix for instant streaming for those of you who have). It's about two transsexual prostitutes in LA. The film is shot entirely on iPhones, so that's pretty cool! It's sorta a tragicomic and the main two characters are really interesting. I really enjoyed it. The ending left me pretty sad actually, which is weird because the film doesn't feel as deep as it is.

i do think baker (the director) can be kinda simplistic/transparent on a thematic level sometimes, borderline sentimental even, but yeah it's a pretty funny, lived-in movie that seems to care about its characters without sugarcoating them. i find the iphone thing kinda gimmicky but he has a way of shooting LA that seems pretty unique to me, it was even more apparent in his previous film STARLET. it is a good ending, kinda dardennes-esque.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom